M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Brake problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 GLC 350e
Brake problems

I bought my 01 ML 430 from the dealer about 7 months ago and have put about 6700 miles on it. Today when I was driving the brake lights came on and now every time I step on the brakes, it lights up? Is this something that the dealer will cover or am I in for a brake job?

If I have to pay for the brakes, is it easy to do it myself? Do the rotors need to be resurfaced every time? What brand of pads and rotors do you guys recommend?

Thanks for the info....
Old 03-04-2004, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'82 turbo yugo
Re: Brake problems

Originally posted by RezaR1
I bought my 01 ML 430 from the dealer about 7 months ago and have put about 6700 miles on it. Today when I was driving the brake lights came on and now every time I step on the brakes, it lights up? Is this something that the dealer will cover or am I in for a brake job?

If I have to pay for the brakes, is it easy to do it myself? Do the rotors need to be resurfaced every time? What brand of pads and rotors do you guys recommend?

If your pads are worn the light will come on. Sometimes it will false if you have old sensors (that have worn through the plastic coating on the wire) and water gets in there.

Dealers usually don't cover wear items like brakes, tires, etc.

It's easy to DIY.

http://www.petefagerlin.com/ML/brakes.htm

MB does not recommend resurfacing rotors. I've never done it or had it done.

I recommend the OEM rotors and pads.

You can purchase online here:

http://www.epsparts.com/category/chassisnumbertable/