M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Couple of questions about ML500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2004, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 ML 500
Couple of questions about ML500

My dad has had his 04 ML500 for a couple months now, and ultimately we are very pleased with it. I've got a couple questions though...

For the past 2 weeks or so, the 'low washer fluid' light has come on randomly, we have had them fill up the fluid, and yet it comes on again and again randomly. Sometimes it will not come on, other times it will. What gives?

Secondly, I've been searching for these tails EVERYWHERE

I can't seem to find them anywhere, are they a do-it-yourself project?

Lastly, we have the Inspiration edition with parktronic system, we added the rhino bar and side steps but the parktronic in the front is constantly set off by the bars. The dealership is looking into a way around this, but has anyone been successful getting rhino bars and parktronic to work together?

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!
Old 03-07-2004, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
Re: Couple of questions about ML500

Originally posted by 1MAX2NV
My dad has had his 04 ML500 for a couple months now, and ultimately we are very pleased with it. I've got a couple questions though...

For the past 2 weeks or so, the 'low washer fluid' light has come on randomly, we have had them fill up the fluid, and yet it comes on again and again randomly. Sometimes it will not come on, other times it will. What gives?

Secondly, I've been searching for these tails EVERYWHERE

I can't seem to find them anywhere, are they a do-it-yourself project?

Lastly, we have the Inspiration edition with parktronic system, we added the rhino bar and side steps but the parktronic in the front is constantly set off by the bars. The dealership is looking into a way around this, but has anyone been successful getting rhino bars and parktronic to work together?

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance!
probably cant get the parktronic to work with the rhino bars... surprised u even got an ML with parktronic, thats rare. Those taillights are DIY project, must paint them with a tinting spray, I'm not too fond of the look and it lets much less light thru. The low washer fluid light is a common problem, have the dealer look at it.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:43 PM

04 ML 500
Thanks for the quick response. The car will be going to the Chandler Mercedes dealership tomorrow, apparently its a 'sensitivity issue' with the rhino bar and the parktronic and they believe they can fix it. I am aware of the rareity of the parktronic, but I can't say I understand it. I see SLKs and other small mercdes cars here daily with parktronic, why is it so hard to find it on an ML! We had our ML built to our specifications, and as I said, I'm very happy with it. Please check your pm's as well. Thanks!
Old 03-09-2004, 12:43 AM

'14 A6 3.0 TFSI
I'm suprised they let you order an ML with parktronic and rhino bar. Last I knew, the front bar specifially stated it could not be combined with parktronic due to the position of the sensors. Keep us updated on how they "fix" the problem.

Parktronic is rare on MLs because it is a special order item. Generally dealers do not order inventory with this option due to the price.
Old 03-09-2004, 01:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
u should've ordered bi-xenons as well!
Old 03-17-2004, 05:50 PM

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
2000 ML320 2006 SLK 350
Here's one link that shows you how to get the smoked taillights..

Just happened to bump in to it and was reminded of this thread..

http://www.benzworld.org/publications/pub.asp?id=164

HTH