M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Headlight, Door locks and Door panel Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML430
Headlight, Door locks and Door panel Question

Ok couple of questions.

1st the easy one.

Where can I find Door panels my driverside panel is pretty well ****ed. The handle broke and the clips broke that hold the panel on the door and now every time you close the door the panel catches and you have to open the rear door and push the panel in in order to open the door.

#2 Where can I find headlights? When I bought the car the passenger side head light was busted from an accident by the P.O. but the light still worked the light no longer works so while I'm replacing the buld might as well replace the whole unit.

#3 The door locks are acting funny. The rear driverside hasn't worked since we bought the car when you unlock the car it clicks 3 time but either way it never locks. Now just today the passenger front doesn't lock and when you click the key fob to lock it it too clicks 3 times and refuses to lock. and now the sensor that locks the doors when you drive above 15mph is constantly activating while in stop and go traffic. How do I fix this?
Old 09-21-2016, 08:32 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,051 Likes on 972 Posts
1999 E300TD
1 and 2---Look to the national scrappers such as LQK!!

3--find an indy with DAS diagnostic equipment or equal who can interrogate the central locking system and advise quickly on the fault----else my guess is you have low tire pressure!!
Old 09-21-2016, 02:13 PM

ML430
Originally Posted by Plutoe
1 and 2---Look to the national scrappers such as LQK!!

3--find an indy with DAS diagnostic equipment or equal who can interrogate the central locking system and advise quickly on the fault----else my guess is you have low tire pressure!!

Why would low tire pressure cause this?
Old 09-21-2016, 02:18 PM

98 C230
Originally Posted by Smash_
Why would low tire pressure cause this?
You were already given the answer in the other MB forum that has a much larger readership / source of experts for ML's. Why are you posting here? Makes no sense.

And, no, low tire pressure has absolutely nothing to do with machine gun locks. The person who suggested that is clearly not aware of this infamous W163 problem.

Last edited by WayneEnterprise; 09-21-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:08 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,051 Likes on 972 Posts
1999 E300TD
Wayne has a reading comprehension problem--read my advice on #3 and then the word "else" followed by comedic response.

However wayne is correct your issue has nothing to do with tire presure or any othe comment that was not produced by DAS diagnostic test results!!

Forget the HS experts---get the car scanned!!
Old 09-21-2016, 08:19 PM

ML430
Originally Posted by WayneEnterprise
You were already given the answer in the other MB forum that has a much larger readership / source of experts for ML's. Why are you posting here? Makes no sense.

And, no, low tire pressure has absolutely nothing to do with machine gun locks. The person who suggested that is clearly not aware of this infamous W163 problem.

I made both posts at the same time. I didn't post there and get an answer and then post here.