M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Need help leaking water ML320 2001

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320
Smile Need help leaking water ML320 2001

Newbie here. Last week noticed while doing errands some water dripping from the driver side on the ground that made the ground wet - the puddle landed down behind the driver side of the front tire. About five days later, had to go farther from neighborhood and no such dripping of some liquid and we had the a/c on this time. Now two days later, had to run up to the store and noticed after it did rain earlier today lot, there were a wet puddle again behind the driver side wheel only dripping down. It seemed it just started, the ground was wet after hours had passed from the pass rain thunderstorm and the sun came out so it would have dried it. Not sure what made whatever leaked. So, I had to run out to the store and when we got back into the car, once again dripping, it probably never stopped, was dripping in drops like a facet dripping water, on the same side. It is clear. I touched the ground with a tissue and it is clear, dont have any smell. The whole time even last week and now, my temp gauge never spiked up at all. When I got home, and lift the hood it is clean as a whistle, cant see any water on top of everthing there. Please help with some clues what to do. **Even with this unexpected thing, I still LOVE Mercedes Benz FOREVER!
Old 06-24-2018, 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 754 Likes on 702 Posts
2002 ML 320 & 2006 ML500
Water that bypasses the sunroof seal drains down behind each tire.

Condensation from the A/C Evaporator drains off at the firewall onto the ground.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:24 AM

ML320
Smile seeing excess water on ground near front tires

Originally Posted by Maj. Dundee
Water that bypasses the sunroof seal drains down behind each tire.

Condensation from the A/C Evaporator drains off at the firewall onto the ground.
Thank you for responding! I have been looking at youtube channels and they mention as well possible drain might be clogged near the firewall - BUT - they were saying that when water is inside the cabin, I do not have that problem. It is going outside behind the driver side tire. This morning, I looked at it and no water anymore as if the dripping of water of puddles finished draining. *How can I check those two areas you mention to make sure no problems to take care of? Last week when I first noticed some excess water near the front tire, it was a a light water mist on the ground so dismissed as the AC was on and then turned off and it stopped after 20mins or so, but this week it continue to drain by dripping water like last week but longer like more than an hour, I guess did not know and didnt start timing it, *Yesterday and the day before actually remembering back to back there was a thunderstorm that came thru with yesterday the biggest and longer rain coming down. Any suggestions? Because it never took this long to drain out water or this somehow will pass or perhaps the sunroof was not closed all the way before getting out of it two days ago.
Old 06-24-2018, 10:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 754 Likes on 702 Posts
2002 ML 320 & 2006 ML500
You are worrying too much. I believe that everything is working as it should.
The following users liked this post:
sheri7 (06-24-2018)
Old 06-24-2018, 11:58 AM

ML320
Oh, ok, got it! thank you so much Maj. Dundee for helping me - have a great day