M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

2002 ML270 CDI Build thread.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W163 ML270 CDI
2002 ML270 CDI Build thread.

Hi guys. My name is Campbell. I’m in Melbourne, Australia. Long story short I had been looking for a second car to use for work now and then to tow a small trailer and to use at the weekend as a sort of beach family car we can use and not care too much about it. After some weeks of hunting and considering multiple cars I settled on this. I thought I’d share my progress with the car on here whilst I’m getting it ready for its duties.

Shes a 2002 ml270 cdi luxury. Dark metallic blue over grey interior with walnut trim. Sunroof and electric seats. One owner from new showing 178,000kms with full service history. Very happy with it so far. It needs a little tlc here and there in the way of paint for front and rear bumpers, wing mirrors and the headlights need restoring. The grill is also broken in a few places so that will need looking at. There’s also a bunch of dents on the car which will need a PDR guy to look at. Over and above that, the drivers seat is split where the leather joins in the centre, so that will want looking at. The headlights are also not great so a set of HIDs will most likely be the go to sort that out. Then after all that I may tint the windows and install a Bluetooth touch screen if the budget stretches. This is supposed to be a cheap car so watching what I spend on it. So for we’ve put a few hundred kms on it and we really like it. Motor is strong, gearbox is smooth. It’s returming mice fuel economy and for its age it looking very well.

Until my my next update I’ll leave you with some terrible pictures I hastily took when I first got it back to the house.

Last edited by campbellsneddon; 11-02-2018 at 06:08 AM.
Old 11-22-2018, 05:09 PM

W163 ML270 CDI
Update #2

Car has come back from my mechanic after receiving a clean bill of health after two new tyres and a full service. I’ve also had the bumpers and mirrors painted as they were a little worse for wear and touched up a few spots around the car. I’ve also purchased a second hand set of 32” mud tyres and installed some HID low beam headlights. Next on the list is to mount the tyres to a second set of merc wheels and lift the front via a torsion bar adjustment. Stay tuned.

Last edited by campbellsneddon; 11-22-2018 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Photos
Old 12-10-2018, 05:05 AM

W163 ML270 CDI
New boots fitted