M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

I'm a noob !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 06:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10' GLK
I'm a noob !

Hi everyone, I'm a 24 years old MB noobie, and this is my first post in here. Subaru WRX is my daily driver. Anyways, I've a few quick questions that I need help on. Quick questions = Quick answers !! Thanks in advance !

I've a 2000 ML430

1) Does the Projector headlights from the newer 2003+ ML bolt right on a 2000 ML ? If so, how much and where to buy?

2) If I'm adding a HID H7 kit, is there any problem with the voltage or any electrical failure that I should expect? So, where is the DRL module that I can disconnect the DRL ?

3) My front brake pads squeak a bit, I know it's "considered" normal, but still, is there any areas that I can inspect before changing parts?

4) K&N cone filter had been a great debate in this forum, but what about the K&N drop in panel filter? All I have to concern is the re-oil thing and damage to MAF?

5) Is there any Silver or brushed aluminum center console pieces for the ML ? If so, where and how much?

6) Is it possible to remove the factory tint on the windows? What is the % tint from the factory ?

7) What is the size of the treads for the shift knob? M10 ? or M8?

8) What is the best performance mod for the Ml430? The most Horsepower gain mods ?

9) Any good quality aftermarket side mirrors for the ML? Prefereably the smaller one or the 03'+ style ? If so, where and how much ?

Thanks eveyone for the help. I've searched and read a few pages already, but thought u guys can give me a hand with my serious questions !

Cheers,
BWCO
Old 07-01-2004, 06:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by bwco
7) What is the size of the treads for the shift knob? M10 ? or M8?
Welcome to the forum.

The shift knob has no threads, it is a bayonet mount. There are instructions in the forum somewhere for removing the knob, but the bottom half is the locking mechanism.

-s-
Old 07-01-2004, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the shifter knob you turn the bottom black trim counter clockwise and pull straight up, the tint is made into the glass and the headlights will mount in any Mclass but the wireing is different and the control units too. Autogunner.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10' GLK
Ok, i've searched around for a knob, and saw the C class aftermarket knob, and I think I know what you guys are talking about.

No one wanna give me some quick answers (short ones) ?

Thanks in advance !