M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Fuel gauge Dilemma

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 04:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 270 CDI 2002
Fuel gauge Dilemma

OK guys, you all probably know about the ML fuel gauge problem and my several visits to MB. So here is the situation. My ML 2002, has has the sender unit changed, a new instrument cluster, fuel gauge reprogramed infact everything have been changed except the fuel tank!!
BUT still it plays up. Same old problem of gaining more fuel in the morning when I start up.
The question is, do I take it back to Mercs or do I live with it? Can they acutally fix it, or do they just tell me "they changed the XXX" when infact they leave it in the workshop for two days untouched, knowing that there is nothing they can do?
Old 07-05-2004, 07:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 RX 350 F Sport, 2007 Scion tC, 2000 ML 430 Money Pit Finally Gone! Oh Happy Day!
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Swiss Nick
OK guys, you all probably know about the ML fuel gauge problem and my several visits to MB. So here is the situation. My ML 2002, has has the sender unit changed, a new instrument cluster, fuel gauge reprogramed infact everything have been changed except the fuel tank!!
BUT still it plays up. Same old problem of gaining more fuel in the morning when I start up.
The question is, do I take it back to Mercs or do I live with it? Can they acutally fix it, or do they just tell me "they changed the XXX" when infact they leave it in the workshop for two days untouched, knowing that there is nothing they can do?
I would try a different dealer if you have another in your area. Not all dealers are created equal. If not I would still take it back as long as it is covered by the warranty. It took my dealer over two years to get my Navigation unit to work the way it should.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
GL320CDI / C63 Edition 507 Coupe (EDP) / E63 S (on order) / G500 / Smart Brabus
Originally Posted by Swiss Nick
So, have they replaced of even TESTED the wiring?

-s-