M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

MB reels me back in...Maybe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 01:01 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 ML 500
MB reels me back in...Maybe

As most know from my previous posts, I'm the owner of a 2003 ML500 and am not overly impressed with the vehicle. After owning the ML for about a year, I still believe it's an inferior machine, and I would not purchase another one. I swore that I would never purchase another MB again, period, becuase of my frustration with the ML. That being said, has anyone seen the new 2005 SLK 55 AMG?? This looks like quite a car, and from the preliminary information I've read on it, MB is getting rave reviews for its dramatic re-design of the earlier encarnation of this car. Has anyone else come across this car? If so, what are your impressions. Does anyone know when it will be on showroom floors? In the interest of being fair, I just thought I would say that this looks like a VERY promising advancement in build quality for MB. Even those who were VERY critical of the old SLK's love this car. Any feedback is welcomed.

John from Boston
Old 07-29-2004, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A bucket on wheels
im planning on getting an slk350 if i can afford one when it comes out. It looks great and deffinatly aggressive. The 55 looks even beastier and not htat girly stuff the old one had. Check out the new SLK section for info as some people in europe already got theirs and are writing reviews.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
im on line for a new slk55... supposedly it will be ready for pickup in september. for all our sakes i hope its a great machine that you love... or we may be facing your wrath in the slk forum as well.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:11 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 ML 500
Hey Ahopeter...

I'm glad to hear you're on board with the SLK. I know we haven't agreed on much with the ML, but, as I've stated here previously, I AM NOT a Mercedes basher, AT ALL! I certainly wouldn't have plunked down my money if there wasn't something about MB that I like. My criticisms of the ML are based on my personal experiences from owning the vehicle. I simply call things as I see them. That being said, I do hope this SLK is as good as it looks. It's really a sharp looking car, and unlike the older models (pre 05), it actually looks like a car a guy good drive and maintain some dignity! I agree with an earlier post that the current generation SLK look like little girly cars (can you say Miata?). You'll probably get one before I do. Let us know what you think of it. I'll look forward to the review.

John from Boston
Old 07-29-2004, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey John, its a forum man... if we all agreed what would the fun of it be? i never have bad intentions or feelings towards you. i'll definitely keep you posted.. i eagerly await the arrival... but hate the damn slk55 forum here... i avoid it like the plague.
Old 08-01-2004, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I just gave up on my ML this weekend and trade in for a FX35. Sorry Benz....I just given up. Now I hope my C-Class will last.....
Old 08-01-2004, 10:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sincity
I just gave up on my ML this weekend and trade in for a FX35. Sorry Benz....I just given up. Now I hope my C-Class will last.....
say it aint so...
Old 08-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Almost a Member!

2003 ML 500
I'm still holding on to my ML, but really would never hold it against anyone who gets fed up with the quality on the ML and trades it in for a more reliable vehicle. I actually do believe that MB is finally beginning to wake up, as they have many critics in the AUTO circle, due to sub-standard vehicles. Let's hope the latest generation of MB's keep some of us on board with what's supposed to be a supremely engineered vehicle!

John from Boston
Old 08-03-2004, 04:28 PM

SL500 E320 ML350
The new SLK is awesome. Looking forward to one of you luckey posters to do a feview.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ahopeter
say it aint so...
I'll still be around....I still have the C

BTW, Ahopeter, did you sell your flares yet? I am getting ready to sell all of my accessories and didn't want to steal your "thunder" away.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Sincity
I'll still be around....I still have the C

BTW, Ahopeter, did you sell your flares yet? I am getting ready to sell all of my accessories and didn't want to steal your "thunder" away.
no, theyre still up for sale. but hey, its cool.

glad to see your still gonna be around.