M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

No start Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 05:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 ml320
No start Issue

hello everyone. recently had issue with key stuck in ignition had to change tumbler and got new key working with old key fob ( switched out key to working transponder). so got the car back running good then got in to start one day and it gave me start error, probably because at the time transponder was not aligned with key correctly. any how im now not getting to start even tho start error is no longer coming up becuae key and fob are correct but i think either the DAS is out of sink with key transponder, or faulty immobilizer transponder, or faulty DAS, or faulty AAM. im not sure where to go from here or how i would even tackle this problem?? so right now i have we have rigged a wire from starter relay to jump start car to get it going. i am considering just running a push button relay from the fuse box to inside vehicle and just start it like that from now on bypassing the whole system or installing a push button start system if possible?? im not sure but i think i might need a star diagnostic system to diagnose the problem.if anyone can chime in and give me some good input on further steps let me know.thank you guys being here has saved me so much money in the past its unbelievable.