M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ml320 not starting!please help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 04:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 ml320
ml320 not starting!please help

ok so im really stuck here on why my ml320 w163 is not starting. it all started when i broke my key off in the igntion and had to get a new one made and also fried my key fob. i got a new key blade put on my fob but i was using the copied key holding it up to ignition transponder in order for it to start. i was getting it to start and then it stopped starting. it is occasionally starting but i dont know what is going on and im dedicated to fixing this issue the truck has been sittting for a couple of months and want to get it going already. i know that when i turn the key in the ignition to position 2 i do see the led light blinks once so i think it is recognizing the key. when i try to start lights come on but it doesnt turn over and start. sometime by luck it turns over and starts.i dont think its starter becuase it starts sometimes and i can jump wires in fuse box and it turns over and starts. im thinking either ignition starter switch or transponder coil or the AAM drive authorization, honestly i have no idea.i purchased a autel md802 elite to try to read it out but im not familiar with how to use it i included some pics from the read out but if anyone can help or direct me on how to deal with this issue i would really appreciate it i dont want to brick my truck.please help. if you check i do have a previous thread on here but it seems that it has gone to wayside.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 139 Likes on 135 Posts
02w163ML500 / 97w210E50AMG / 99w202C230k / 95w124500e-wip
Start from the beginning - your post is really confusing.
Correct it and punctuate it so it's legible.
You replaced your broken blade key? or replaced it with a new valet key (with a chip already in it from the stealership)?
You fried your fob? how and when?
Old 05-26-2020, 05:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 ml320
sorry about the rant just frustrated.
Broke key off in ignition, replaced ignition and key blade on old key fob.car worked fine
Somehow old key fob stopped working car was not starting.start error due to not recognizing chip.
Got a copy of key from stealership that i would use to get into vehicle then hold it up to transponder coil with old key fob to start vehicle. worked fine
Randomly one day stopped working. seemed like key was being recognized.
was able to start vehicle by jumping wires in fuse box under the hood with spare wire to starter fuses input.
check battery and replaced it with new battery.checked voltage with reader
Randomly starts with key but now not starting.