M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Please post your prices here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 02:51 PM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 E350 Estate Wagon 4Matic
Please post your prices here

Hey guys. I'm ready to buy an ML350 or 500 this weekend. I've been trying to find the lowest price, but have found very little help. It seems like they will sell a 2005 at invoice or a 2004 below invoice. Can you please post a summary of what options you got and what you paid? It'll be especially helpful if any of you recently bought an ML.

Thank you.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:14 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not to be a killjoy, but with the redesigned M-Class coming out in less than a year, you might want to consider waiting.. Even if you don't like the new design, the current models will probably drop in price.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by barkbark
Not to be a killjoy, but with the redesigned M-Class coming out in less than a year, you might want to consider waiting.. Even if you don't like the new design, the current models will probably drop in price.
You're not being a killjoy at all. We're in need of a car and it's always best to stay away from a first year production. It'll still be helpful to post some prices. Or is it that people are afraid to find out that someone else paid less that they did for a better model? Come on, we all know there's someone who paid less than we did for our car. I thought I paid a good price for my 2wd 2003 Escalade at 48,550 and I found out that a friend paid 47,000!! And my sales person was an old family friend...go figure!
Old 08-11-2004, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
More important than the price is the service reputation of the dealer. That will make or break your ownersip experience lots more than a few bucks one way or another. If the few bucks you may save is that important than you are looking at the wrong vehicle.
Old 08-11-2004, 09:25 PM

Mine is for sale
http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/39104406.html
Old 08-11-2004, 10:23 PM

2002 Mercedes Benz ML320

i second the waiting on the new M class, there is gonna be a long and short version (which is standard size to us i beleive.)

i payed 38k for my 2002 ML320 in december 2002, it was pretty much loaded, VHS/video system in back, heated front seats, bose 8.1 sound system, 6 disc cd changer, memory seats etc etc.... one way of us getting it that low, they were asking 43k for it, i asked how much they got it for (cant remember the word for it), and i said i wanted it around the price they got it for. so i did
Old 08-11-2004, 11:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a car that can't do the throttle reset.
Originally Posted by ASADO
youre joking right?
Old 08-11-2004, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by ahopeter
youre joking right?
Wish I was, relocating because of work and its easier for me to buy another car than to ship.

Last edited by ASADO; 08-12-2004 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-12-2004, 03:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by hecdog
You're not being a killjoy at all. We're in need of a car and it's always best to stay away from a first year production. It'll still be helpful to post some prices. Or is it that people are afraid to find out that someone else paid less that they did for a better model? Come on, we all know there's someone who paid less than we did for our car. I thought I paid a good price for my 2wd 2003 Escalade at 48,550 and I found out that a friend paid 47,000!! And my sales person was an old family friend...go figure!
Oh I didn't necessarily mean you should get the new models I totally agree that they tend to have their share of problems.. But once those new ones hit the market, the 05's will drop pretty significantly in price..

As for my own, I got my 02 ML320 without navigation (18k miles) for $32000 after taxes.. Although admittedly I didn't shop around very much and probably could have found a better deal (my previous car got totalled and I was impatient about getting a replacement car).
Old 08-12-2004, 02:29 PM

Oh I didn't necessarily mean you should get the new models I totally agree that they tend to have their share of problems.. But once those new ones hit the market, the 05's will drop pretty significantly in price..

As for my own, I got my 02 ML320 without navigation (18k miles) for $32000 after taxes.. Although admittedly I didn't shop around very much and probably could have found a better deal (my previous car got totalled and I was impatient about getting a replacement car).

Thanks. I wish I had more time. You're right, it is better to wait, but then I'll want the new model cause it's better. You gotta dive in at some point. I have a friend who's been waiting to buy a new computer for 10 years now cause Apple keeps coming out with better and better machines and he keeps saying the one he wants will be cheaper, but he always changes what he wants cause the new ones are better...catch 22?
Old 08-12-2004, 02:43 PM

I see a lot of people viewing this thread, but only a handful have posted their info...come on guys, let's have it. Obviously a great number of people are interested. If you haven't registered, go ahead, it's easy and free!

Thanks everyone. I'll post a follow up message to let you all know what I end up paying. I'll be negotiating on a 2004 ML350, Rear seat, Entertainment, Trim, Heated Seats, Sunroof. 9 miles new.

In the meantime, please post your info, I only have two days left! Let's join forces and stick to the MAN! (no, just kidding, hope my salesperson isn't reading this!)
Old 08-12-2004, 04:41 PM

2019 GLC 350e
I have seen post from people that say they paid up $4000 under invoice for ML500. I don't know if that's true or not.
Old 08-12-2004, 04:55 PM

We paid $30,750 last month for our Starmark ML with 18k. The dealer also threw in roof rack cross bars, and eventually agreed to pay for four new tires.

Jeff
Old 08-13-2004, 12:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ASADO
Wish I was, relocating because of work and its easier for me to buy another car than to ship.
im talking about the price.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

you'll get a big discount on an 04 350... under invoice.
Old 09-01-2004, 02:18 PM

2005 ML 350
Just got my ML last sunday.
$41,682
05 ML 350 Special edition
with rear seat, entertainment, sun roof, heated front seat
is this a good price?
Old 09-01-2004, 02:47 PM

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a loaded ML500 lease, '05. I have quotes from 3 dealers and they are all within $10/mo of each other on the lease payment. The highest was based on dealer invoice, the lowest was $300 below dealer invoice I think (dipping into the holdback). I could also purchase at those prices but I'm a leasing type of guy I guess.

I actually wont take the cheapest if I do pull the trigger...the middle quote dealer offers the best service (they pick up and drop off the vehicle for free...). My other choice would be to wait for the 06s or get the new LR3 when they start shipping. That said, I need a car b/t now and April, so the 06 isnt a good choice in that regard, and in any case I'm highly dubious of getting any first model year vehicle (and 2nd year in some cases)...

TM
Old 09-01-2004, 02:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Why on earth would anyone be so dumb to provide personal information?? Would you reply if you are asked what you earn or how much in taxes you pay?? Secondly prices vary as do dealer subsidies from market area to market area. I am also willing to bet that many of those that claim an unbelievable price did not pay as little as they say and perhaps the few that did get what they say are the ones that will complain in the future about the poor service they have received from the selling dealer. Its my humble opinion thjat MB should raise the price of the vehicle to make it unaffordable to those (especially the children on here) that are the chronic complainers and are not truthful on the forum. These guys should be driving Explorers or even Escapes and they will complain about them.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by sosh
Why on earth would anyone be so dumb to provide personal information?? Would you reply if you are asked what you earn or how much in taxes you pay?? Secondly prices vary as do dealer subsidies from market area to market area. I am also willing to bet that many of those that claim an unbelievable price did not pay as little as they say and perhaps the few that did get what they say are the ones that will complain in the future about the poor service they have received from the selling dealer. Its my humble opinion thjat MB should raise the price of the vehicle to make it unaffordable to those (especially the children on here) that are the chronic complainers and are not truthful on the forum. These guys should be driving Explorers or even Escapes and they will complain about them.

Hey come on now, that wasn't a very humble opinion. We're all here to help. Don't provide personal info if you don't want to. No need to bash others that are willing to help. It's not like we asked you for the size of your private parts! (I'm at 7.5 inches, btw).

Last edited by hecdog; 09-01-2004 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-01-2004, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sosh
BWAHAHAHA
Old 09-01-2004, 07:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by hecdog
Hey come on now, that wasn't a very humble opinion. We're all here to help. Don't provide personal info if you don't want to. No need to bash others that are willing to help. It's not like we asked you for the size of your private parts! (I'm at 7.5 inches, btw).
BWAhAha