M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Gooday

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gooday

Gooday guys

I'm new to the group and debating whether to buy an ML 270CDi . I previously had an E class 320 cdi auto and liked it alot. I'm thinking of a black ML with a Java interior, auto and with the luxury pack.

What colour schemes would you recommend? and what optional extras....I'm on a tight budget so I cannot have many toys.

Thanks

DonnyJ
Old 09-14-2004, 08:10 PM

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts
2014 E350 Estate Wagon 4Matic
Originally Posted by DonnyJ
Gooday guys

I'm new to the group and debating whether to buy an ML 270CDi . I previously had an E class 320 cdi auto and liked it alot. I'm thinking of a black ML with a Java interior, auto and with the luxury pack.

What colour schemes would you recommend? and what optional extras....I'm on a tight budget so I cannot have many toys.

Thanks

DonnyJ
personally, I'd stay away from black exteriors. they're high maintanence and dependeing on where you live, get eaten up by the sun with prolonged exposure. Black gets hot as it absorbes all the heat and that heat transfers to your interior pretty quickly. I've had three black cars (BMWs) and I regret it after a coupla years everytime. Go with a more reflective color. Silver seems to be the new black. Don't know about the 270CDi, maybe someone else here knows about that model better...Ahopeter?
Old 09-15-2004, 04:52 PM

SL500 E320 ML350
Right,I have a silver ML350 with ash interior. That along with the privacy glass keeps the interior comfortable year 'round (heated seats help in the winter too)!
Old 09-16-2004, 11:01 AM

ML 270 CDI 2002
When I ordered my ML270, the main options I went for were: Automatic gearbox, leather, metalic paint, Bi Xenon lights. OK so the metalic paint can be left out, but the other options I think make all the difference. If you can only go for one, go for the automatic gearbox. The ML should be enjoyed, and unfortunately the manual gearbox takes a lot of the pleasure away!!!!
The other options I added were small in comparison, but it all depends on budget and how far you want to go!!
I am very happy with the 270ml,a bit slow at times if heavily laden, but the 400CDI was a little out of my budget!

Swiss Nick.