M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Hello Everyone I'm New here and just bought an Ml430

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2004, 05:41 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Hello Everyone I'm New here and just bought an Ml430

Hello Everyone, hows everyone doing? I am new here and we jus bought a 2001 ml430. It has 58,000 km on it and it was lady driven. I am in Canada so thats why its in Km. And we got it for 29,500 Cnd. I was jus wondering, it did not come with a cdplayer or cd changer. The 1st owner drove back and fourth from another city. I guess she wasnt fond of cd's. Anyways I phoned a Mercedes dealer up and they were charging me over $1200 Cnd. I have the deck with the 4 inch display. It has cassette. Now I was just wondering how do I go abouts. I was thinking if there is prewiring. I can do it myself. But after reading many many posts I am confused. So how do I go abouts? What changer do I buy? Do I need any adapters etc etc?(I am really confused.) I would really appreciate the help since this is the first Benz we ever owned.
Old 11-20-2004, 08:27 PM

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
It *should* be prewired for a cd changer. It takes a fiber optic changer, and yes they are expensive. Do yourself a favor and skip Ebay or used ones here. Buy it new. I see a lot that malfunction, and then work properly for a short time only to malfunction again. Its best to start with a known good product with a warranty than to take a risk on someone else's problem. Who in thier right mind takes a cd changer out of a car anyways?