M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Ml430's are Quick And I love the Exhaust Note

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ml430's are Quick And I love the Exhaust Note

Whats your opinions on the ml430. I'm referring to the 2001 one. THey are all the same I think. You guys no better but I was jus wondering what are your opinions? I think its pretty quick. And the exhaust is one of the best stock ones I heard besides the 4.7l grand cherokee ones.
Old 11-22-2004, 09:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL55 AMG
Hi Garyk,

I have a 2000 ML430 and I can definitely say that it is quick! I have a friend who drives a Maserati, and even he is sometimes suprised by the quickness of the V8 ML engine! It's a really great feeling knowing that you have all that power at your command. It is definitely very snappy off the line.

I will say, however, that i find that you sometimes have to push down on the pedal a little too long before it downshifts, but that seems to be standard on all MLs (i think it's considered a "safety" feature, though I disagree that it is). But if you're shifting manually (using the triptronic), then that problem is eliminated.

And let's not forget the sound of that V8 when it's revving!

riz
Old 11-22-2004, 09:33 PM

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
There are few engines that rival the exhaust note of an M113. Its just about perfect....
Old 11-23-2004, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2000 ML430
Originally Posted by rizwan
Hi Garyk,

I have a 2000 ML430 and I can definitely say that it is quick! I have a friend who drives a Maserati, and even he is sometimes suprised by the quickness of the V8 ML engine! It's a really great feeling knowing that you have all that power at your command. It is definitely very snappy off the line.

I will say, however, that i find that you sometimes have to push down on the pedal a little too long before it downshifts, but that seems to be standard on all MLs (i think it's considered a "safety" feature, though I disagree that it is). But if you're shifting manually (using the triptronic), then that problem is eliminated.

And let's not forget the sound of that V8 when it's revving!

riz
Huh... what safety feature is that??? I had that problem a long time ago and my dealer upgraded some software... dont remember software to which system all I know is there is no hesitation when I stomp on the gas.
Old 11-23-2004, 04:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys are right I get that sort of hesitation to. When I press the gas it sometimes hesitates to shift down. But luckily the truck has a lot of power so it really picks up in any gear. But man do I love this truck. I feel like the king of the Road sitting that High. And this truck doesnt share a single common thing with a van like all those motor trend people say and everyone loves complimenting my tires. Because they are so wide. But just of curousity, what is the reason behind that? Why are they so Wide?