M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Satellite Radio install question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 01:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Satellite Radio install question

Trying to figure the best place to install a Plug and Play satellite receiver (probably a Sirius Sportster). I'm thinking on the passenger side of the console. Any thoughts?

Jeff
Old 12-30-2004, 12:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
sirius install

Ive done a few of these... If you go to your local best buy they have a portable CD player holder that you could use so you dont have to mount it on the dash anywhere. Use the arm that comes with the cd player holder and screw it in to the carpeted ledge. chuck the platform that it come with and you should be able to use the same bracket to connect it in. If you have any other questions let me know. Not too difficult, and sirius is a great way to go, I have loved it for over a year now If you want pics of how to install the antenna let me know and ill send you some
Old 01-22-2005, 06:51 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 ML 430
Sirius Sportster Install

I installed a Sportster in my 01 a week or so ago. It went in fairly clean. I used a mount that I bought on ebay that attches to the passenger seat front-left mounting bolt. It has a strong flex cable that you put the unit receiver on top of and as soon as it stops snowing outside, I'll take a picture or 2 an put them here if you're still interested.

The antenna was probably the hardest thing to install. The wire is plenty long on the standard car install kit, but it is difficult to run the wire from the rear forward as the trim doesn't easily take a wire pushed under it in all places.

I sold on it though. It's great and well woth the cost if you are inclinded to enjoy such an extravegance.