M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

FYI All on ML Heavy Duty Floor Mats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2004 | 07:25 PM

ML
Smile FYI All on ML Heavy Duty Floor Mats

Earlier today I went in for my 1K check-up on my 500. They took care of my misaligned exhaust

The tech said I must've backed into something;
I nearly put my fist through his face!!!

They ordered parts for the peeling rear window trim.

And they removed, cleaned and rsealed my foggy right fog lamp.

I was experiencing some odd vibrations at speed (60-75mph). They traced it to bad tires and they ordered two new tires for me. All in all, I'm very pleased with my first visit.

Anyway, I was looking around and I saw the new ML heavy duty floor mats (P/N: 6-6-68-8616). These must have come out after 2002 because they're different from those I had on my MY02 ML. They have the extension for the dead pedal, a la S-Class. I bought a set (like the old ones, they come in fours) for $79US. Even though I have posted this on another site, I thought you'd all be interested to know this since winter is here and we will need all the help we can get to keep the ML's insides clean.

Anyway, the fronts fit extremely well. However, instead of leaving the rears alone, whoever the drugged smart designer decided not to cover the entire floor mat with the heavyduty one. It doesn't fit right at all. I'll keep my old rears and use the updated fronts.
Old 12-31-2004 | 03:59 AM

Had the same peeling window trim on my '02 as well ! I'm surprised the you-must've-backed-into-something tech didn't say "you must've left the car under the sun too long".
Old 12-31-2004 | 04:12 AM

Darkmann,

Did the dealer put on new brake pads and rotors for you ? Just curious.
Old 12-31-2004 | 09:54 AM

ML
Originally Posted by Amfung
Darkmann,

Did the dealer put on new brake pads and rotors for you ? Just curious.
No, not yet. The tech couldn't duplicate the brake squeal. Since I have to go back for the window trim thing, I'll make sure to take a ride with the tech this time. It will eventually be taken care of I'm sure, and I think it'll come down to replacing pads and rotors on all four sides.
Old 01-05-2005 | 01:03 AM

ML500
tires were covered under warranty? how many miles did u have on the tires? any bubbles on the side wall or irregular tread wear?
Old 01-06-2005 | 07:00 PM

ML
It's brand new - truck, hence tires. The tech diagnosed the tires as being defective.