M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

Brake light and constant beeping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake light and constant beeping

The ML's brake light (not the pad wear indicator) came on today, and whenever the car is in motion, there is a constant beeping. The manual says to try releasing the parking brake. Did that to no avail. Other cause listed as low brake fluid, although the manual says not to try to fill the resevoir. Why not? Am I missing something? Any way to shut the beeping off until I can get it fixed? TIA for the help.

Jeff
Old 01-08-2005, 04:01 PM

Received 14 Likes on 3 Posts
Low fluid, or a failed traction computer will sometimes do this. Fluid usually doesn't get low unless something is wrong. Get it checked ASAP. Do not exclude the possiblity that the pads are worn, and that light isn't working.
Old 01-08-2005, 11:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Don't fill brake fluid resevoir?

"the manual says not to try to fill the resevoir. Why not? Am I missing something?" The only time the resevoir should be full is when the brake pads and rotors are new, with no wear. If you fill the resevoir with worn pads/rotors when you do replace the worn parts brake fluid will shoot out of the hole in the resevoir cap when the brake pistons are pushed back in. If the fluid is so low it triggers the "low brake fluid" sensor then something is wrong...excessive wear or the fluid is leaking. Check your brake system.