M-Class (W163) Produced 1998-2005: ML 230, ML 320, ML 350, ML 400 CDI, ML 430, ML 500, ML 270 CDI

ML remote locking system

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-26-2005, 09:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
ML remote locking system

Hey guys I have a question about the remote locking mechanism. Today we picked up our ML and the car locked fine. Then my wife decided to unlock the door manually on the drivers side. Now the damn car doesn't lock the doors w/ the remote all together. For some reason you have to insert the key in the key hole on the door and push the button after it locks.... all the doors will lock except for the drivers door.... and if the drivers door locks the others dont lock. So it's like if the drivers door is out of order. What can I do... I'm pissed off right now. WE JUST GOT IT... damn it.... WTH did she do? It was working perfectly fine before we drove off the lot.

Also... her SR5 light is on. Any idea if that is normal? Thanks guys

C-Los
Old 02-27-2005, 12:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML
Originally Posted by toymr2trd
Hey guys I have a question about the remote locking mechanism. Today we picked up our ML and the car locked fine. Then my wife decided to unlock the door manually on the drivers side. Now the damn car doesn't lock the doors w/ the remote all together. For some reason you have to insert the key in the key hole on the door and push the button after it locks.... all the doors will lock except for the drivers door.... and if the drivers door locks the others dont lock. So it's like if the drivers door is out of order. What can I do... I'm pissed off right now. WE JUST GOT IT... damn it.... WTH did she do? It was working perfectly fine before we drove off the lot.

Also... her SR5 light is on. Any idea if that is normal? Thanks guys

C-Los
When you say "my wife decided to unlock the door manually on the drivers side", did she physically pull the door lock switch up to unlock, or did she use the manual unlock button located at the center console? My guess is that it was the former. Anyway, I think she just offset the electronics and without a manual nearby, I have two suggestions:

1) Use the manual Lock/inlock button on the console to Lock/Unlock and see if this fixes the problem. If it doesn't then

2) you'll have to synchronize the locks. The procedure is detailed in the owners manual and I wish someone here with a manual can take this. If there's no manual available, go to MBUSA.com and sign on as a owner. There's a page there where you can request instructions on how to synchronize the locks for your model year.

It doesn't really sound like a crisis and I hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2005, 07:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
00' ML 55 AMG; 08' Jeep Wrangler Unlimted (4 Door)
Darkmann is correct,
I happen to have my manual here so I will take it from here.
Taken from MB Manual-

Synchronizing Remote Control

If the remote control does not funciton correctly and the batteries are in order, the system may have to be resynchronized.

Turn Key in steering lock to position 2, then to position 0 and remove.

Within 10 seconds, push and hold the Lock button while pushing the unlock button 5 times.

Release the lock button and press: lock, unlock or trunk release once.

Check all functions. The remote control should once again be operational.

Note:
If it is not possible to resynchronize the remote control, have the system checked at your authorized Mercedes-Benz Light Truck Center.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-28-2005, 04:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Well... I should have looked at the forum... thanks guys for the help but I decided to drop off the ML at the dealer w/ my wife this morning and told them about the light and the locking system. The funny thing is that it wouldn't do an auto lock when you start moving so I'm assuming something else was wrong too. Anyways.... it's all under warrenty so I'm paying ZIP and that's always good.

Thanks for all the great help as always.....