M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

OT: Range Rover Sport competetion

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,180 Likes on 849 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
OT: Range Rover Sport competetion

IRVINE, Calif., March 21, 2005 – Land Rover North America today announced U.S. pricing for the all-new Range Rover Sport. The manufacturer’s suggested retail price for the HSE model will be $56,750. The supercharged model will retail for $69,750. A true performance vehicle, Range Rover Sport will feature a powerful V8 engine, inspiring and sophisticated on-road capability and the first application of Land Rover’s Dynamic Response system.

"Range Rover Sport is a high-speed, performance-oriented luxury SUV," said Richard Beattie, Executive Vice President, Land Rover North America. "As the best driver’s vehicle Land Rover has ever made, it is ideal for fast, comfortable, long-distance driving, and a fitting compliment to our award-winning Range Rover."

The HSE model is equipped with a naturally aspirated 4.4-liter V8 engine with 300bhp, while the supercharged model has a powerful 4.2-liter V8 producing 390bhp.

Range Rover Sport delivers inspiring and refined performance on all surfaces, and as expected from a Land Rover, it is supremely capable off-road. Both on- and off-road capability is enhanced with Land Rover’s Terrain Response™ system, agile, electronically controlled airspring suspension, and one of Land Rover’s newest technologies, Dynamic Response. Standard on the supercharged model, this computer-controlled active anti-roll system senses cornering forces, and acts to optimize body control and handling. This technology is one of the key reasons why Range Rover Sport has the agility and handling of a much smaller, sporty vehicle. It also decouples off-road to allow greater wheel articulation during tough, all-terrain driving.

Range Rover Sport takes on several traditional Range Rover styling cues, including the floating roof. But it delivers its own interpretation on the theme, resulting in a tapered, flowing exterior design that makes it one of the most aerodynamic SUVs on the market. A comfortable interior with a ‘driver-biased’ sports ****pit, the Range Rover Sport offers spacious seating for five people and incorporates premium materials throughout.

The supercharged models are fitted with 20-inch aluminum alloy wheels, while the HSE models come standard with 19-inch aluminum alloy wheels.

All Range Rover Sport models come well-equipped with standard features such as DVD-based touch-screen navigation, bi-xenon headlights, sunroof, and a harman/kardon® LOGIC7™ audio system.

In addition to the 4.2-liter V8 390bhp engine, the supercharged models include a unique grille, seating surfaces, power vents, chrome exhaust extension, Dynamic Response, Brembo front brakes, adaptive front lighting, the cold climate package, the above-mentioned 20-inch wheels and black-on-silver badging.

Sales for Range Rover Sport will commence this summer.

**Prices noted include destination and delivery charges.
--------------------------------
Land Rover North America is part of Aston Martin Jaguar Land Rover with headquarters in Irvine, California. Land Rover established operations in the U.S. in 1986, and now imports and distributes Range Rover, LR3 and Freelander vehicles manufactured by Land Rover in Solihull, England. Land Rover’s worldwide operations are wholly owned by Ford Motor Company, Dearborn, Michigan. For information about the Land Rover retailer nearest you, call 800-FIND-4WD or log on to www.LandRoverusa.com.

Vehicle specifications and features are subject to change. For the latest Land Rover pricing and product information, contact Land Rover North America Corporate Communications at (949) 341-5800. Land Rover-related press releases and electronic photos of the company’s products are available on-line in the Land Rover section of Ford Motor Company’s news media website (media.landrover.com).

Specifications:
http://media.ford.com/products/press...ection_id=1205
Old 03-22-2005, 11:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2019 Mercedes Benz S500L AMG Premium Plus
I was in a LR delership yesterday enquiring about the RRS. One of the most striking things that the salesman told me (based on a short drive that he had in a RRS) was that the quality of materials were more akin to the LR3 than to what we understand to be a proper RR. I think that the RRS looks stunning in the photos that I've seen however, that comment about the interior materials has struck an unwelcome note with me.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,180 Likes on 849 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Range Rover Sport

Originally Posted by Fastbuck
I was in a LR delership yesterday enquiring about the RRS. One of the most striking things that the salesman told me (based on a short drive that he had in a RRS) was that the quality of materials were more akin to the LR3 than to what we understand to be a proper RR. I think that the RRS looks stunning in the photos that I've seen however, that comment about the interior materials has struck an unwelcome note with me.
What strikes me is the weight--5,463 to 5,768 lb! It's built on the LR3 platform so I expected it to be under 5,000. That will really hurt performance and mileage. The 300 hp V8 has the same 0-60 as the ML350 V6, and 18.5 combined mpg, which will mean about 14 in town. I appreciate that M-B has kept the weight down on the ML. LR could learn something from their sister group, Jaguar.

As far as quality, the model fits between the LR3 and RR, so I bet quality is not up to full lux standards.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon
What strikes me is the weight--5,463 to 5,768 lb! It's built on the LR3 platform so I expected it to be under 5,000. That will really hurt performance and mileage. The 300 hp V8 has the same 0-60 as the ML350 V6, and 18.5 combined mpg, which will mean about 14 in town. I appreciate that M-B has kept the weight down on the ML. LR could learn something from their sister group, Jaguar.

As far as quality, the model fits between the LR3 and RR, so I bet quality is not up to full lux standards.

Actualy my wife just brought an LR3 Java Black the se with almost all of the HSE FEATURES this is her 4th discory and I gotta tell you it's the best car they have ever made. the ride the comfort. the pick up. I was driving 90 on the interstate w/o even knowing and I was only at 3000 RPM's so I wanted to see what else it could do got it up to 115 drove like that for 10 miles before I didnt want to get a ticket . However our insurence on the car is twice what my new ML is gonna be....

STRANDID