M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

First impressions after only 100 miles.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2005 | 08:19 PM
Almost a Member!

First impressions after only 100 miles.

I did not get a chance to drive my ML500 a lot since I got it last Thursday so these are very basic impressions.

Since my last ML 320(MY2000) obviously a lot have changed. The truck is no longer a truck but more of a big car. It drive flawlessly and it reminds me more of the Lexus RX330 I used to have (with much more power though) than of the Cayenne I was interested in.

Very comfortable, luxurious and much more quieter than expected.

Love the Sat. Radio, and all the gadgets including the Keyless Go. The navigation system is good but not Lexus or Acura. More like the old MB manuals, you have everything in them but it is a pain to read it and understand it.

From this stand point the new manual is much better. Anyway, so far so good and I do not regret a bit not getting the Cayenne or keeping the Escalade.
Old 06-05-2005 | 08:37 AM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by dserban2
I did not get a chance to drive my ML500 a lot since I got it last Thursday so these are very basic impressions.

Since my last ML 320(MY2000) obviously a lot have changed. The truck is no longer a truck but more of a big car. It drive flawlessly and it reminds me more of the Lexus RX330 I used to have (with much more power though) than of the Cayenne I was interested in.

Very comfortable, luxurious and much more quieter than expected.

Love the Sat. Radio, and all the gadgets including the Keyless Go. The navigation system is good but not Lexus or Acura. More like the old MB manuals, you have everything in them but it is a pain to read it and understand it.

From this stand point the new manual is much better. Anyway, so far so good and I do not regret a bit not getting the Cayenne or keeping the Escalade.
Congrats! Please keep us updated on your new toy.