M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Pics Of 20" Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 ML350
Pics Of 20" Wheels

This is what I plan to put on my w164 within the week or so. I got the pic from another website but it gives an idea what a 20x9.5 wheel looks on a 295/40 R20 tire. I must say, not bad. Of course I cannot make my final critique until they are on the car. The wheel is Antera Type 325. I will put on Pirelli 295/40 R20 with it since Antera recommends Pirelli. I have Irridium Silver with Appearane Package and I think the color of the wheel will go well with it. I'm worried about how big that wheel gap will look (especially the rear) since I don't have airmatic. But the overall diameter is about .26 inch larger than the stock 255/50 R19 tire. Plus, it's 1.58 inch wider! Also, I don't know if the 295/40 will fit in front so I'm prepaired to put on 265/45s at worst case. I'm really straying away from 22s and lowering since I don't want to give up the ride comfort and I value my warranty.
So let me know what you guys think. Any input is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails Pics Of 20" Wheels-023_g.sized.jpg   Pics Of 20" Wheels-026_g.sized.jpg  
Old 08-09-2005, 03:50 PM

Looks good...

I am still thinking of lowering. Especially if i get the stock suspension. I figure all you need to do is change out some hardware..... I am not sure but probably the only thing that MB would not cover is the new parts used to lower the car.

If you have the airmatic and the worries that go with it, it may not be worth not having a valid warrenty.

Al
Old 08-09-2005, 04:42 PM

2006 ML350
Originally Posted by Cairorex
I am still thinking of lowering. Especially if i get the stock suspension. I figure all you need to do is change out some hardware..... I am not sure but probably the only thing that MB would not cover is the new parts used to lower the car.

If you have the airmatic and the worries that go with it, it may not be worth not having a valid warrenty.

Al
I guess an MB technician in this forum can tell us what will be covered if the suspension has been changed. I would think that if stock parts fail as a result of an after market part being added, MB will not cover it. After all, why would they cover something you caused. But I could be wrong. Just never had to deal with it. I don't want to take a chance.
If you are correct, maybe I will consider it too.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:16 PM

2006 ML350
Well finally, here is a pic of my ML350 with 20" Antera Type 325 wheels. I took the pic with my camera phone today just after they installed it. The resolution isn't that great but I'll take more pics with my other camera later. As you can see, the Pirelli tires are massive at 295/40 R20. The fronts are the same size and they stick out more than I expected. For now, I can live with it. I may change the fronts to 265/45 R20 later. Yes, I wish the car is lower but I can also live with it for now. I don't have airmatic. The distributor forgot to include the hub centric rings and there was a lot of shaking when I test drove it. So I had them take it off until the rings come tomorrow. The fronts do not rub. I'm happy with the ride comfort as it did not change. The only thing, I get a message to check the tire pressure. I'm sure it's because of the new tires and does anyone know how I can reset it? I guess I can play with it when I get them back on tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
ml350.bmp (600.1 KB, 1208 views)