M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Uk Navigation System for MLs is Cheapskate !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 04:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Porsche Turbo Cabriolet
Uk Navigation System for MLs is Cheapskate !

In the UK, Mercedes Benz has separated it's Customers into two Catorgories.The rich and the poor.

'Rich' people have one type of Navigation system fitted,and the 'Poor' people have a different system. 'Poor' people drive models such as the A class,C class and the new ML. Rich people drive S class and SLs.

To further expand,the system for 'Rich ' people will Navigate them to decent Restaurants and Hotels,whereas the system for 'poor' people only directs them to fast food outlets and cheap Motels.

The navigation discs from each system are not interchangeable, and one cannot buy a disc with the up-market information on that will work in the new ML.

The ML system will not play Video discs either, whereas the system for 'Rich' people will.

I find it quite bizzare that Mercedes have different Navigation systems and operating data for different models of cars that they manufacture.

Any suggestions to save me from a life of fast food would be appreciated.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
W203 slightly modified
Originally Posted by Tony Musgrave
In the UK, Mercedes Benz has separated it's Customers into two Catorgories.The rich and the poor.

'Rich' people have one type of Navigation system fitted,and the 'Poor' people have a different system. 'Poor' people drive models such as the A class,C class and the new ML. Rich people drive S class and SLs.

To further expand,the system for 'Rich ' people will Navigate them to decent Restaurants and Hotels,whereas the system for 'poor' people only directs them to fast food outlets and cheap Motels.

The navigation discs from each system are not interchangeable, and one cannot buy a disc with the up-market information on that will work in the new ML.

The ML system will not play Video discs either, whereas the system for 'Rich' people will.

I find it quite bizzare that Mercedes have different Navigation systems and operating data for different models of cars that they manufacture.

Any suggestions to save me from a life of fast food would be appreciated.
What you dont have SPOONTRONIC ? My car has SPOONTRONIC and it feeds me while I am driving. I am thinking of getting the mastication version so I dont have to chew on my own.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 320 CDi
Hi Tony,

Didn't know that and given the cost of new ML it's a **** take.

Anyway, I always thought Command was well o/priced (especially compared with USA price for it etc. ) so have gone for portable sat nav (downloadable databases) and iPOD accessory.

So who needs 'Command'?

Cheers,