M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

My New ML320 CDi Sport has arrived

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML420cdi Sport
My New ML320 CDi Sport has arrived

My ML has finally arrived and I love it,

It drives very well, and seems to get more head turns than my SL which has supprised me as i was trying to get away from this.

It arrived with the bling chrome wheels by mistake which have grown on me and i love the turning xenon headlamps.

Steve

Last edited by slsteve; 10-05-2005 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1963 220Sb
Congrats!!! Got some pics?? I am waiting for the CDI to come to the US, and I think that is what I am going to get....
Old 10-06-2005, 02:56 AM

ML 320 CDI
What are your driving impresssion? Does it feel slow? How the 7G-tronic handle the torque?

Thanks
Old 10-06-2005, 09:45 AM

Porsche 996 Targa, ML 320CDI on order
Does it feel powerful enough ?
Old 10-06-2005, 10:25 PM

2006 ML350
please posts some pictures and your driving impression.
Old 10-07-2005, 06:54 PM

2009 C63 Black on Black
Talking Mileage for ML320 CDI ??

What kind of mileage is the '06 ML320 CDI rated at? Can you convert metric to US MPG ??
Old 10-09-2005, 11:16 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Originally Posted by deaguero
Can you convert metric to US MPG ??
Here's the converter:

http://tdiclub.com/misc/conversions.html

Go the the MB UK site to check out the fuel economy ratings for all the models.

Trending Topics

Old 10-09-2005, 04:56 PM

2007 ML420cdi Sport
Oh Dear,

I wish i would have reply to these questions on friday,

The car was great then with zero problems.

I bought the car for my wife as we expecting our first child on Jan 13th, but after driving and seeing it in the flesh I fell in love with it so am keeping it for a while until the wife can no longer get in the SL we have.

The car drove lovely 26.7 to the gallon 0-60 feels like 7 seconds, it actually feels quicker than are 2003 SL500, the seats are great. Xenon lights great.

The car feels faster that you need to drive it, steering is very light, takes some getting used to.

Now the horror story,

Firstly not a major problem but when arriving at work Saturday morning one of my staff pointed out that when i came round the corner my left fog lamp came on (my normal lights were turned on only) I said no you must be mistaken so restarted the engine put my lights on and sure enough if you turned the steering wheel to the left the left fog lamp came on and if the steering wheel was turned to the right the right fog lamp came on.
This is ilegal in the UK with a fine of upto £2000 for having a fog lamp on when it is not foggy, The dealer says its supposed to do this steering wheel light thing, only problem is that it don't do it anymore ie 4 hours later, so im pissed off now as from sitting in the drivers seat you can't keeping checking it all day and night.

Sunday Lovely day visiting family in the new ML, 160 miles now on the clock,

On the way home put foot to pedal, rev counter bangs into the rev limiter (ie it did not change up a gear ) then no gear at all just revs (dash is saying im in drive) Car behind nearly hits me and i can't get in the inside lane (major near crash moment with 2 cars) final get the inside lane but no where safe to stop, so coast at around 30mph, the car finnally finds a gear (i think 2nd or third) and will not change up a gear, rather than stop i keep it at 3000rpm about 40mph with my hazzard lights on, my wife and I are now a little bit shocked about what is going on with this car, we drive along the dual carraway for 5 minutes giving a little more throttle every so ofter to see if it will change up a gear ( it wouldn't) tried putting it in netral then in drive again and it made a large bang noise. Final found a safe place to stop turned off engine restarted and the car is fully normal again with no faults.

I plan to see dealer tommorrow but the car is fine again this has pissed me off more as i know they will just send me away.

Can anyone one please help, has there been any other cases like these reported

Steve.

Last edited by slsteve; 10-09-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,183 Likes on 850 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Transmission issues

Originally Posted by slsteve
Oh Dear,
Firstly not a major problem but when arriving at work Saturday morning one of my staff pointed out that when i came round the corner my left fog lamp came on (my normal lights were turned on only) I said no you must be mistaken so restarted the engine put my lights on and sure enough if you turned the steering wheel to the left the left fog lamp came on and if the steering wheel was turned to the right the right fog lamp came on.
This is the cornering light feature that comes with the Lighting Package. I do not think it would be illegal as it not functioning as a fog light, but of course, I can't be sure about your regulations.

On the way home put foot to pedal, rev counter bangs into the rev limiter (ie it did not change up a gear ) then no gear at all just revs (dash is saying im in drive) Car behind nearly hits me and i can't get in the inside lane (major near crash moment with 2 cars) final get the inside lane but no where safe to stop, so coast at around 30mph, the car finnally finds a gear (i think 2nd or third) and will not change up a gear, rather than stop i keep it at 3000rpm about 40mph with my hazzard lights on, my wife and I are now a little bit shocked about what is going on with this car, we drive along the dual carraway for 5 minutes giving a little more throttle every so ofter to see if it will change up a gear ( it wouldn't) tried putting it in netral then in drive again and it made a large bang noise. Final found a safe place to stop turned off engine restarted and the car is fully normal again with no faults.
There have been some sporadic transmission control issues reported. I have read about a couple cases like yours, but more often just jerky shifting at low speeds. It well may be just a software issue. I would suggest to the dealer they consider reflashing the software. Another possibility is that it is a defective valve body in the transmission. A few people have had those replaced.

Good luck solving the issue--I understand why you're freaked. Hopefully, it will be easily fixed.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:47 PM

2007 ML420cdi Sport
thanks for your comments on my faults,

How could it be safe for one fog lamp in the bumper to come on only, Im very confused about this.

I let you guys Know tommorrow what happens at the dealer.

I also post some pics
Old 10-09-2005, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,183 Likes on 850 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Corner-illuminating fog lamps

thanks for your comments on my faults,

How could it be safe for one fog lamp in the bumper to come on only, Im very confused about this.
Here is some more information (from the manual):

"The corner-illuminating fron fog lights improve the illumination of the road onto which you are turning." They function with the engine running and the headlights ON or in AUTO mode or with daytime running lamps activated, BUT only in low ambient light conditions and under 25 mph. Under these conditions, they come on and go off automatically depending on steering angle, whether or not you use the turn signal.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:24 PM

'07 Lexus RX400h
@slsteve:

The MB cornering lights are legal, also in the UK, re UN-CEC Regulation number something or other. You wouldn't really think DC would bring a car onto a given market without making sure that it was OK in every legal respect??

Cheers,
Birger
Old 10-09-2005, 07:30 PM

2007 ML420cdi Sport
Thanks again for your input on the lights, the light at the time was crap, a bit foggy, This has got to be a first on a car in the uk. Ive never heard anything like it before.

Steve
Old 10-09-2005, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Oh Dear,

I wish i would have reply to these questions on friday,

The car was great then with zero problems.

I bought the car for my wife as we expecting our first child on Jan 13th, but after driving and seeing it in the flesh I fell in love with it so am keeping it for a while until the wife can no longer get in the SL we have.

The car drove lovely 26.7 to the gallon 0-60 feels like 7 seconds, it actually feels quicker than are 2003 SL500, the seats are great. Xenon lights great.

The car feels faster that you need to drive it, steering is very light, takes some getting used to.

Now the horror story,

This is ilegal in the UK with a fine of upto £2000 for having a fog lamp on when it is not foggy, The dealer says its supposed to do this steering wheel light thing, only problem is that it don't do it anymore ie 4 hours later, so im pissed off now as from sitting in the drivers seat you can't keeping checking it all day and night.

Sunday Lovely day visiting family in the new ML, 160 miles now on the clock,

I plan to see dealer tommorrow but the car is fine again this has pissed me off more as i know they will just send me away.

Can anyone one please help, has there been any other cases like these reported

Steve.
Perhaps someone at the dealership took your car for a test drive and tried to shift into reverse while moving forward...but I don't know who would attempt such a thing...do you...:-))))))
Old 10-10-2005, 02:31 PM
Almost a Member!

ML 320 CDi
Hi Steve,

You must be one of first UK owners of the 320CDi as my Dealer (Mercedes Dartford) has not had one in yet (only petrol delivered models delivered to date) and mine will be the second diesel (so they tell me) to come in (end of November). It doesn't bode well then that your car is also suffering from the same problems that american ML owners have described. I've never had a single problem with my 270CDi 5-speeder.

Whilst the problem you described may 'only' require a software 'flash' it shouldn't have happened. If you and yours had been totalled then MB may have come out OK as the system could have reset itself. This should NOT have happened!!!! to you or anyone.

I don't fancy paying £45K and that happening to me.

Don't let them 'send you away'. Give em hell!! This sort of transmission problem MUST be sorted by MB asap as it's 'kin dangerous.

Cheers,
Old 10-10-2005, 02:50 PM

2007 ML420cdi Sport
Ok heres the update,

Rang the dealer 10.00am ask for the salesman as i knew that would be quicker than going through the service reception. The salesman was spot on a real gent, he was as gutted as me, he found me a brand new Clk convertible to borrow when i arrived at the dealer.

The service department drove the car then put it on the machine they found the fault (they called it an electrical glich, a bad electrical connection ) they then reset the system drove the car again, tested the system again and no faults. 3 hours later pick car up after they had cleaned it for me.

Car seems fine.

If any more problems like this happen again you guys will be first to know. If it does happen again i will demand an exchange new vehicle and I told them this.

The dealership was spot on, its the car im worried about.

Forgot about pics def do this tommorrow.

Ps Dont not buy this car because of this post,the car is a fantastic. If the car does do the same again then we should all be concern about the 320cdi

Steve
Old 10-10-2005, 03:00 PM

2007 ML420cdi Sport
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Perhaps someone at the dealership took your car for a test drive and tried to shift into reverse while moving forward...but I don't know who would attempt such a thing...do you...:-))))))

Looks like you're been reading one of my other posts
Old 10-10-2005, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Looks like you're been reading one of my other posts
Seriously, I am glad they found the problem and it is running smooth for you. The ML320CDI has to be the best of the bunch and I can't believe there will be a major problem develop with it. Good luck with you new ride...
Old 10-13-2005, 06:57 AM
GMW

2013 ML63 AMG PP
congrats!

From what I know and in my experience, the 7G tronic auto needs some time to settle down and learn how to properly operate. During my first 1,000Km it was a bit weird and jerky and at least once or twice couldn't find any gear but now it is as smooth as silk. I also remember that when it couldn't find the gear I had just done a quick squirt of accelaration. I know I should wait till 1,500km to give it some gas but I couldn't help it. So I don't know if the combination of quick accelaration, low mileage like 300-800km on the clock, brand new car did caused it to get confused.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:16 PM

2007 ML420cdi Sport
pics, How?
Attached Thumbnails My New ML320 CDi Sport has arrived-ml.jpg   My New ML320 CDi Sport has arrived-dsc01602.jpg   My New ML320 CDi Sport has arrived-dsc01607.jpg   My New ML320 CDi Sport has arrived-dsc01600.jpg   My New ML320 CDi Sport has arrived-ml2.jpg  

Last edited by slsteve; 10-21-2005 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:40 PM

Looking good

How do you find the ride and comfort compared to the airmatic version?
Old 10-21-2005, 07:29 PM

2007 ML420cdi Sport
cant tell the difference
Old 10-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
nice slsteve
Old 10-22-2005, 11:02 AM

ML 320 CDI
Thanks for the sharing. Ours should come by the end of november and I can't wait anymore. I really hope we won't get troubles with the 7G-tronic since it's the kind of thing that can ruin the image of the car.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:56 AM

1963 220Sb
Great pics, great car!

congrats

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New ML320 CDi Sport has arrived