M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Chrome Trimmed Door Handles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 02:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 E350 Sport Obsidian Black & 2005 Cadillac Escalade
Chrome Trimmed Door Handles

My mother just purchased a 2006 ML350 in Obsidian Black and while it is quite attractive, it lacks the appeal the 500 has with its additional chrome. She did add the Chromed Grill however the side profile of the car needs just a slight touch of chrome. Does anyone happen to know if the Chrome Door Handle Caps can be added without replacing the entire door handle? There is a slight groove where the Chrome cap should be inserted on her existing handles. She did order the Chrome protective plate that goes behind the doorhandle but it looked horrible so we didn't stick them on. My C240 has this chrome cap & it adds so much to a solid black car. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:01 AM
Almost a Member!

that was one of the reason why we chose the ml500 over the ml350. i'm just curious but how much did the chrome grill cost for you to add? we figured it out to be 6k difference once we added the premium option and we get the chrome grill and the chrome door handles too.

Originally Posted by tlbeedy
My mother just purchased a 2006 ML350 in Obsidian Black and while it is quite attractive, it lacks the appeal the 500 has with its additional chrome. She did add the Chromed Grill however the side profile of the car needs just a slight touch of chrome. Does anyone happen to know if the Chrome Door Handle Caps can be added without replacing the entire door handle? There is a slight groove where the Chrome cap should be inserted on her existing handles. She did order the Chrome protective plate that goes behind the doorhandle but it looked horrible so we didn't stick them on. My C240 has this chrome cap & it adds so much to a solid black car. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:12 PM

I think adding the grill was around $350 from the dealer.
Old 12-11-2005, 02:27 AM
Almost a Member!

2 different type of handles, chrome & painted. They must be changed
Old 12-12-2005, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,179 Likes on 848 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Chrome door handles

... She did add the Chromed Grill however the side profile of the car needs just a slight touch of chrome. Does anyone happen to know if the Chrome Door Handle Caps can be added without replacing the entire door handle? There is a slight groove where the Chrome cap should be inserted on her existing handles. She did order the Chrome protective plate that goes behind the doorhandle but it looked horrible so we didn't stick them on. My C240 has this chrome cap & it adds so much to a solid black car. Any info is greatly appreciated.
Are these the ones you mean (chrome top, painted bottom)? They came with my Appearance Package.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:43 PM

GregW / Oregon, Thanks for the pic. Yep, those are the doorhandles. I guess to get the "Appearance Pkg" #322 you have to also get either Black Alcantara or Ash Alcantara. My mother definately wanted Macadamia. Oh well, guess we can't have everything. Wonder how hard & expensive it is to completely change the doorhandles?