M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Some advice PLEASE!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Some advice PLEASE!

Has anyone incountered a mildew smell coming from their AC vents? Also found writing on my sunroof that you can only see when you blow hot air on it and it reads "DAMAGED FRAME" with an arrow pointing towards the corner of the sunroof?? I have taken it in to the shop 2 times for the odor and they say it's common but yet have done nothing to fix it. They also can not find paper work stating that the suunroof had actually been repaired prior to my purchasing the vehicle. The dealership is giving me a hard time about replacing the ML. I have only had it a few months. Who wants to drive a mold infested car with a damaged sunroof? I've had other issues as well including a leak in my glove box and replacement of the upper light console because my lights and wipers would not function properly??? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.
k
Old 12-14-2005, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, the air conditioning problem is a subject on many threads across the board for many MB models.

I have 4 MB's the 2 latest ones have the problem, and I tried everything on these posts to solve it and nothing. The service reps are clueless and I really do not want them to touch the cars more that they need to, so I dont tell them about it anymore. The odor stays for a few seconds then its gone.

Forums from Europe and US mention many posible solutions but I do not think there is one with a definite answer. My 2004 C has it, my 2006 ML has it and I just got a new W221 S500 this week, I hope that will be the exception.

So don't return your ML for this because you probably get a new one with the same issue. The sunroof and the other stuff is another matter and you should at least get a logical response from the dealer.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Sun roof frame most likely showed some deficency during assembly and it was corrected before it left the factory. Re the odor, I have owned 5 MB's since 98 and the only one that had the problem was my 98 ML. The 2 E class, my 02 ML500 and my 06 ML500 have not had this. Its usually caused by stuff building up on the A/C evaporator. My dealer cleaned it and sprayed it with something and it went away for good. Usually happens in the summer and can be caused by a clogged drain or partially clogged drain in the dash area. It can be gotten rid of.
By the way the only problem in my 06 ML500 occurred yesterday; an Airmatic fault.