M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Buy back or new car??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy back or new car??

does anyone know at the end of the day, who makes the decision to either buy back the car or provide a new replacement vehicle???? my cousin has so many problems with her vehicle that she has asked the service manager to make a decision to buy back or give her a new car. but the guy keeps saying the regional rep does the initial assessment and eventually will make the decision. she has been given the cold shoulder numerous times after she requested to speak to the regional rep. it's like the service guy is feeding her bs. what do you guys think???
Old 07-10-2006, 10:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Service people are not the ones to talk to about this. She should speak with the Dealership owner or, the General Manager.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by kryptonite
does anyone know at the end of the day, who makes the decision to either buy back the car or provide a new replacement vehicle???? my cousin has so many problems with her vehicle that she has asked the service manager to make a decision to buy back or give her a new car. but the guy keeps saying the regional rep does the initial assessment and eventually will make the decision. she has been given the cold shoulder numerous times after she requested to speak to the regional rep. it's like the service guy is feeding her bs. what do you guys think???
She needs to write a letter stating the facts, their correlation to lemon law status and her demand for a buy back. Address it to the dealership, attention ANYBODY. And send an identical copyto MBUSA, attention anybody. send them both certified and allow 30 days for a response. they will review the records and decide.

Sosh, the GM or owner are NOT the ones that are held up to the law. the Manufacturer is. the only time the dealer is involved is IF they have abused your consumer rights, and that is the angle you take with them. Remind them to remain objective vs subjective.

just the facts maam.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by jangy
She needs to write a letter stating the facts, their correlation to lemon law status and her demand for a buy back. Address it to the dealership, attention ANYBODY. And send an identical copyto MBUSA, attention anybody. send them both certified and allow 30 days for a response. they will review the records and decide.

Sosh, the GM or owner are NOT the ones that are held up to the law. the Manufacturer is. the only time the dealer is involved is IF they have abused your consumer rights, and that is the angle you take with them. Remind them to remain objective vs subjective.

just the facts maam.
Please read what I wrote, I did not say anything about the buy back process or who is held up to the law, but did say to speak with the dealership owner or GM, NOT the service people.
Old 07-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2015 S212
Originally Posted by sosh
Please read what I wrote, I did not say anything about the buy back process or who is held up to the law, but did say to speak with the dealership owner or GM, NOT the service people.
What do you want them to say to the owner or GM and what are they gonna do? I wasn't saying you are wrong, i was just saying that I find it more productive to speak to people that a) care and b) have the power to act.

Even though many of you will come on here and claim otherwise, owners don't do that. It is simply taboo from the manufacturer's end.