M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Factory order question.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML63 ///AMG
Factory order question.

* NOTE - I LIVE IN CANADA *

I just placed an order for an ML500 with the premium package. I would prefer the Sport package, but I want the leather seats, not the alacantra/artico seats that come with the Sport Package, and the upgraded HK stereo. Anyways, I asked the dealer if he could upgrade my stock 18" wheels to the 19" AMG wheels that come with the Sport Package (and assume that they are the same one from the US Appearance Package) for a nominal fee. He stated that MB would not give me full credit for the 18" that come with the vehicle, and that I would have to pay full price for the new wheels and tires.

Now, I can understand that if it was the dealer that was doing this as he doesn't want to give me a credit for stock 18" rims that no one would want, so he has dead inventory unless he sold them to an insurance company. But, mine is a factory oprder, so the wheels won't even be on the vehicle to begin with. Instead of putting the 18s on the vehicle when making it, put the 19s on and charge me the difference.

Or am I completely out to lunch here?
Old 10-04-2006, 10:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,191 Likes on 858 Posts
2020 GLE 450; 2023 BMW M2 Coupe
Factory options

Originally Posted by krown
* NOTE - I LIVE IN CANADA *

I just placed an order for an ML500 with the premium package. I would prefer the Sport package, but I want the leather seats, not the alacantra/artico seats that come with the Sport Package, and the upgraded HK stereo. Anyways, I asked the dealer if he could upgrade my stock 18" wheels to the 19" AMG wheels that come with the Sport Package (and assume that they are the same one from the US Appearance Package) for a nominal fee. He stated that MB would not give me full credit for the 18" that come with the vehicle, and that I would have to pay full price for the new wheels and tires.

Now, I can understand that if it was the dealer that was doing this as he doesn't want to give me a credit for stock 18" rims that no one would want, so he has dead inventory unless he sold them to an insurance company. But, mine is a factory oprder, so the wheels won't even be on the vehicle to begin with. Instead of putting the 18s on the vehicle when making it, put the 19s on and charge me the difference.

Or am I completely out to lunch here?
It will never happen. Seems reasonable, but especially for the US, the options are very rigid and do not allow any flexibilty. When the ML first came out I discovered you could not get the sporty exterior (AMG Sport package) together with the sporty interior (Alcanatara/aluminum). It didn't make any sense, but my dealer couldn't get MBUSA to budge on it. I doubt if it's much different for Canada, but I don't have knowledge of the differences, if any.

Last edited by GregW / Oregon; 10-04-2006 at 10:28 PM.