M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Ipod Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 10:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ipod Kit

I am contemplating adding the ipod integration kit to my 2006 ML500. I have been able to get most of the answers I needed about it's operation, such as automatically turning on and off when selecting a source from the command, selecting songs by titles, artist, and other various ways. In searching for the answers, I ran across a site that talked about a new cable that replaces the kit's ipod power cable that will THEN allow the ipod kit to work as well as the existing aux jack for say another type of device like a portable dvd player or non-ipod mp3 player.

here is a description ...

Mercedes AAS Switch (automatic audio selector) for ML, R and GL
(Power harness that directly replaces the ipod power harness)
B6-782-4228 MSRP $70.00 Available soon..........
Vehicles with RSES "RSES and iPod"
Vehicles w/o RSES "iPod and Aux jack"
Only works together with iPod kit.
shipping now 7/26/2006

I found this to be interesting ... it would appear to be a newer feature that let's the user have both the ipod kit as well as the existing aux jack or the entertainment system. If no ipod is connected, the cable defaults to the existing aux port ... it auto select from an active source.

Would anyone know if this is now standard in the newer kits or is this an additional order item you have the dealer install in lieu of the kit supplied harness? My wife likes to plug a portable dvd player in sometimes for the kids and I would like to keep that ability while also enjoying my 60MB video ipod filled with my entire cd library.

Thanks to the group ...