M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

What happened to Benz keyless go?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 04:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What happened to Benz keyless go?

Hi Guys...

I'm just disappointed on how Benz not having keyless go as a standard equipment...

At first when I've heard someone saying that BMW has a stupid keyless go system where they would have to first enter the key then press the start/stop button... so I did some research, and realize that is not true. Start/Stop button is standard in ALL model... the only thing is it DOES require to first enter the Key, but they do have something called Comfort Access System (an option) which doesn't require driver to insert the key.

Then there's Lexus, they were simple. They have the keyless go, which is standard for at least ALL sedan models...

Then we have Benz... TERRIBLE!!! First the start/stop button is NOT standard on all cars, more to that... keyless go is ONLY avaliable as an option for the -500 models... so if you have a -350... I'm sorry, you're out of luck... and if you have a C-class... ha ha... what's keyless go?

This is just one of the many things I felt disappointed... and really hope that they could improve their standards or technologies in a near future... Right now, I'm very loyal to Benz... and for this I will never own BMW and LEXUS... but if they keep improving with Benz standing still... I can't find excuses for me to be that loyal anymore...

Any thoughts?
Old 01-23-2007, 07:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 E450 4Matic
non issue for me

Our S550 does not have keyless go, our SL550 does. I prefer to have it, rather than not. But it wasn't a big issue when we bought the S550, just a minor inconvenience. I certainly wouldn't buy a Lexus. or BMW, just to get it. Btw, I miss the old Keyless Go. (2003 SL500). It used a credit card sized card you kept in your wallet. IMO, a GREAT feature. Figures that MB did away with it and put the features in the annoyingly large "Smart Key".