M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

2007 ML350 questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2007, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
2007 ML350 questions

Ok, so the girlfriend has decided she wants an ML350 Sport "loaded". We've decided on the following options:
Capri Blue Metalic
Black Alcantara
Aluminum trim (922)
Premium III (P3)
Lighting Pkg (319)
Heating Pkg (323
Sport Pkg (333)
CD Changer
iPod kit
Accessory Rear Seat Entertainment (single screen on console - wireless headphones)
Parktronic
Voice control and Hands Free MHI for her existing phone...

But I have a few questions for real user's (not salesmen) to answer...
Does the single screen entertainment have auxiliary inputs for the kid's video games or is it just a DVD player?
Is the Alcantara really as good as sueded leather?
Is the P3 suspension package really all that useful?

And for the salesmen...
Is a vehicle like this common, or should we wait the 6 weeks for a build to order?
Old 05-28-2007, 07:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
I have an 06 ML500 and I can answer a couple of questions. I never have liked Alcantra. It looks like mouse fur to me. I have Leather. If there are children involved I would suggest leather or MB Tex as they do not stain and are easy to clean. Alcantra, I believe could be difficult to clean and may stain.
I believe you are talking about the Airmatic suspension. I have it and love it. Vehicle rides better and handles better than the std suspension plus you have the option of 3 settings for ride and you are able to raise the vehicle should you desire to do so.
The heating package is in effect a 3 zone system. I do not have it and passengers who ride in the rear in both summer and winter tell me that the temp is just fine back there without it.

Good luck, she will love this vehicle
Old 05-29-2007, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a new 320 CDI white with black interior. I got the interior package, the MBTex - Alcantara - Aluminum combination has a great sporty look.

As far as the Airmatic suspension, I would not have gotten the ML without it.

I can also give feedback as far as availability, you will NOT find one the way you wanted, especially with P3. I ordered mine at the beginning of March and I got it May 14.

--Sebis
Old 05-29-2007, 12:07 PM

2011 E-class coupe, 2012 C-class
I have the alcantara and I feel its better than leather because I dont slide in the seats when I drive (as in my W211), unless you're very big or fat then you'll sit firm in any seat. Its easy to keep clean because its synthetic and all you need is a wet cloth to wipe off ice-cream/candy and so on (I tried it). The other great benefit is that the alcantara lets your body breath and its more comfortable regardsless of hot or cold days. Just my opinion
Old 05-29-2007, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 100 Posts
2018 GLE350, 2014 G550, 2000 SL500, 1980 TR8, 1995 E320 Cabriolet
Save your money on the Ipod interface. Unless all you want it for is audio-books, the factory unit is a joke and certainly not worth the money. Delete it and use the money to get a better performing aftermarket unit.

- FD
Old 05-30-2007, 05:32 AM

2007 ML350 w/ full AMG package
Originally Posted by Floobydust
Save your money on the Ipod interface. Unless all you want it for is audio-books, the factory unit is a joke and certainly not worth the money. Delete it and use the money to get a better performing aftermarket unit.

- FD
Umm, I beg to differ – I think the iPod kit works flawlessly – a must have!!!
Old 05-30-2007, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 131 Likes on 100 Posts
2018 GLE350, 2014 G550, 2000 SL500, 1980 TR8, 1995 E320 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by META
Umm, I beg to differ – I think the iPod kit works flawlessly – a must have!!!
I guess that depends on your definition of "flawless".

For me, the complete and total lack of any low end frequency response, the lack of proper audio signal matching resulting in signficantly diminished S/N ratio, the complete failure to integrate the Ipod into the sound system (the adpater really just integrates it into the car CAN buss while putting the audio through the completely inadquate AUX input function - that's also why you only get track display on the instrument cluster) and the failure to do even that minimal, kludgy level of integration correctly (the track forward/backward buttons are reversed from the audio system!) just don't fit under my definition of flawless. It does do a great job of keeping the Ipod charged, but $320 is a bit steep for an in-car Ipod charger.

Listen to the Dension unit sometime if you have the chance and then see what you think about the factory unit.

- FD
Old 05-30-2007, 11:38 PM

2007 ML500
if you're going for fully loaded, why stop at sport package (333)... why not get the 321 AMG Package ! Since it looks like you'll end up ordering the vehicle (depending on how picky you are with color choices), may as well really make it fully loaded and a little more unique!

i have MB Tex in mine and wouldn't have gone any other way, even if the other options were given to me for free (in fact, my dealer offered to upgrade and I said no). MB Tex doesn't wear or show age nearly as quickly as leather, and the alacantara option was seemingly cool at the time, but I can see how I'd get tired of it pretty quickly. Plus, I think it doesn't look as clean, even when it is clean....lol.

One other suggestion I might have is that since you're getting the IPod interface, why also have the CD Changer? You get one in-dash CD slot standard (not like the W163 where you had to choose navi or CD - you can use both at the same time). The in dash CD player plays MP3 CDs with folder browsing. just a thought to try and save you some $$.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:40 PM

2007 ML500
oh and it's just my personal preference maybe, but I think that the dual screen setup in the headrests is much better, less cluttered, etc. than the single screen poking out of the center console.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Thanks everyone for your opinions....
She's sold on the Capri blue...alcatnara would be nice, but she'd prefer a lighter color (shrug). My concern with the entertainment system is that the single screen comes with the wireless headsets. As I understand it, the dual screen option does not. And the 333 sport pkg is a must.
AMG is too over the top for short haul driving. We don't want AMG....this is a kid hauler and we have her 'vette for "haulin' ___" (expletive pre-emptively deleted for the sanity of moderators).
We're checking NJ/NY dealerships for inventory...wish me luck?