M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Since Steve Jobs drives an SL55, safe to assume iPhone will work with MB's BT HFP?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audi mb bmw
Since Steve Jobs drives an SL55, safe to assume iPhone will work with MB's BT HFP?

What do you all think?

The iPhone is being launched this friday the 29th at 6pm and I'm determined to get my greedy hands on one but it would be travesty if it turned out to be incompatible with the bluetooth HFP on my ML. Hell, for a $600 phone, I'd be pissed if it didn't work with the bluetooth HFP on any of my cars. So you say I should wait until the verdict comes out from the early-adopting iGuineapigs? Hell no. I want one this friday dammit!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
I wouldn't count on it, but it could work. Won't be able to find out until it comes out and someone tries it.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah, almost everything is up to speculation until they release it, and even then it might be crippled by the carrier like Verizon does to their phones.

We'll see, but chances are it'll work with your car. Bluetooth is a set standard and Apple follows standards pretty well as witness by iSync or Webkit.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 BMW 550i
Originally Posted by vraa
Bluetooth is a set standard and Apple follows standards pretty well as witness by iSync or Webkit.
So do a lot other phone manufacturers. But, MB doesn't seem to follow the standard, so it really won't matter in the end.

You will probably have the half solution. You will be able to make and receive calls, but don't expect to download the phonebook or recent calls list.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:00 AM

I'm waiting to hear what you find out tomorrow, masmole.

I don't have the bluetooth cradle for the MHI, because my blackjack reception was so bad inside the car (w221) that I opted for the wired V600 with another line instead. (The reception with that option is fantastic, btw.)

So IF the iPhone reception in the car is better tomorrow AND someone here reports that it works with the bluetooth in the car, I might reconsider.

I will be able to try the iPod integration kit. That's a toss up whether that will work for music playback. It will probably work as a car charger, but that might be it. That's fine, my current iPod will just be relegated to permanent duty in the car.