M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

I'm getting a new ML350!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting a new ML350!

Aloha everyone,

After a lot of back-and-forth between the ML350 and the X5, I finally decided to purchase a new ML350. The BMW guy told me that I could purchase options a la carte, but I came to find out that he was trying to do a bait and switch on me. He knew that the ML350 comes in at a lower price than the X5 (when the X5 was spec'd out to the same level as the ML350), so he tried to lure me in with a false promise. I will be purchasing my new ML350 either the last week of next month or in December! I can't wait, but have to go on vacation first. My wife picked out the color - the same as in my sig. I apologize in advance for the (lack of) quality in my sig - I originally created it at 700x200, but had to quickly resize it to fit the 19.5k filesize limitation I will take some time tonight after work to make it a bit better
Old 10-11-2007, 09:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AlabasterWhiteSL ObsidianBlackML
I was in the same position, was going back and forth between the ML and the X5. I've also decided on the ML350 being that I'm getting a much better discount ($6k off MSRP)...

sorry to "hijack" just got caught up
Old 10-11-2007, 10:37 PM

Aloha blazinginder,

I'm not sure what kind of discount I will be getting (if any), as there is only one Mercedes-Benz dealer on this island. I am working with what appears to be an honest salesperson at least. I just wonder how much I'll get for my 2002 Lexus RX300 if I decide to trade it in

Did you get the leather option for your ML? I test drove one here that I swore had leather, but it turns out that it has MB Tex instead. I was pleasently surprised at that, especially after I found out that it was vinyl! I have leather in my RX, but am considering just going with MB Tex in my ML.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:03 PM
RBP

Good choice. X5 has absolutely nothing on the ML except perhaps the nav system.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:02 AM

Aloha RBP,

I whole-heartedly agree with you on the X5 vs. ML350 thing now. Actually, one thing I was willing to overlook was the black dashboard and steering wheel of the X5. Regardless of the actual interior color, the dash and steering wheel remains black. At least in the ML350, the dash and steering wheel are color-matched with the rest of the interior.

I have also seen quite a few posts complaining about the mercedes COMMAND and/or Nav system. One reviewer said that he got so frustrated with the Nav system that he resorted to using his cell phone. Other reviewers complained about the lack of a touch screen. I guess I'll get to make up my own mind once I get my ML.

I'm willing to go through a severe learning curve with the COMMAND system, as it will be light years ahead of my 2002 RX300 (out here in Hawaii, the new Lexus RX350 JUST got a Nav system w/Bluetooth, but has neither iPod integration nor Aux line in capability). After all, it will be for something better than what I had before - kind of like when I switched from Windows to the Mac last August
Old 10-12-2007, 07:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by HawaiiMacAddict
Aloha blazinginder,

I'm not sure what kind of discount I will be getting (if any), as there is only one Mercedes-Benz dealer on this island. I am working with what appears to be an honest salesperson at least. I just wonder how much I'll get for my 2002 Lexus RX300 if I decide to trade it in

Did you get the leather option for your ML? I test drove one here that I swore had leather, but it turns out that it has MB Tex instead. I was pleasently surprised at that, especially after I found out that it was vinyl! I have leather in my RX, but am considering just going with MB Tex in my ML.
Well I haven't got mine yet, still waiting to pull the trigger, but assuming I get the Edition 10, it will have leather. I've sat in both and the leather is nice but really a MUST for the 2k premium they charge normally for it.
Old 10-12-2007, 07:52 PM

Aloha blazinginder,

I, too, am delaying my purchase just a bit. We wife and I are going on vacation, but once we get back home, ..... I really can't wait to finally get it and drive around town!!! I've always dreamed of owning a Mercedes-Benz and now it will be a reality! I'll be only the second person in my family to have bought an MB (my uncle really doesn't count, as he live in Germany )

I looked at the 10th Edition ML, and it looks nice, but my wife and I are satisfied with the "plain Jane" run-of-the-mill 2008 ML350. The only debate now is on the color - I like the basic silver color, and she's waffling between the red, pewter, and silver colors. At least she likes the ML350! I think, for her, it's the status, but for me, it's the drive. The ML drives 1000% better than the RX300 I currently drive. I'll just have to wait until the last week of next month or the first week of December before we pick up our new vehicle. Oh well.
Old 10-12-2007, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The new ML is definitely a great ride, if you think your ride on the 02 RX is not nearly as good, imagine what a 98 ML320 (what I have) is in comparison
Old 10-12-2007, 11:36 PM

wife's car2014 ml350
aloha hawaiimacaddict, just thought i would tell you that my friend sells alot to hawaii, it's actually cheaper sometimes to purchase from the mainland and then ship it, it takes alittle while longer but it's cheaper, PM me...
i bought my first ml in honolulu, it's worth a look........