M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Ride difference between US and Euro models

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML 350 -06
Ride difference between US and Euro models

So have the US spec ML350 and went to test drive Euro spec 280 CDI.
I noticed after short time that the Euro model has stiffer suspension i.e a lot better, the US model is just too soft.

The Euro model takes the corners a lot better, it doesn't lean as the US model.
Now I'm considering either buying the Euro spec springs or some after market springs from Eibach or some else.
The problem is that the Service Advisor couldn't be sure if the stock springs would affect to ride height, meaning that it might sit even higher with those springs.

Any recommendations for after market springs ?
Don't want to lower the car too much, maybe an inch or so.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:47 PM

ML 350 US
Are you sure that the "Euro" was not fitted with the sports package or with airmatic suspension???

Zisis
Old 08-22-2008, 05:48 PM

ML 350 -06
Yes I'm sure it didn't have airmatic, and both sales rep and service advisor told that it has the basic suspension. We looked the there are only two springs available for the ML, the softer (that I have) and the harder one. But he couldn't be sure if that would affect to ride height then.
And the third option would be the AMG sport package having completely different suspension.

Any way, the car I drove was the Black Edition model having 20" wheels, but the tire profile is the same I'm having with my 19" sport package,
and you can definetly feel how the Euro model is stiffer, not leaning in corners and bumps as the US model.