M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Retrofitting bluetooth system(UHI) with sap v2 cradle on 08 ml320cdi

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML320CDI
Retrofitting bluetooth system(UHI) with sap v2 cradle on 08 ml320cdi

Hi
Car came without prewiring so I had to buy the lot which included:
-Phone retrofit kit for MOST based cars(phone controller,mic,antenna,wiring)
-Centre console parts,which is the wiring loom that plugs into the centre console cradle connector.
-Sap v2 cradle
All these are genuine merc. parts,and I bought them from Comand uk.
I did the fitting my self,not very easy but directions were quite straight forward,and Richard from comand was a great help as always.On 08 ml models centre glovebox(without the dual layer),you can install the bracket and run the wiring without removing the centre console.The phone control unit goes above the kick plate on the passengers feet.
With the hardware in position,is quite obvious how the loom connects between the various units.Some attention is needed when fitting the fibre optics on the connector behind the comand/audio20..
With everything in place,I brought into the game my N73 which paired straight away following the known procedure with the insert of the 16 digit pass code.
Next day had to take it to the dealers to code(star diagnosis) the instrument cluster to get the TEL menu and activate the steering wheel controls.