M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

New 07 ML350 Owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 05:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350
Talking New 07 ML350 Owner

Well, actually my wife is. Last week we got rid of her 2002 A4 1.8T that she bought new. Got an 07 ML350 with P1 or P2 package (still can't figure out what the difference between the two are).

I started my research last year when we were looking for new cars, drove a new Acura RDX, Hyundai Santa Fe, used X3 and an 06 ML350 or maybe it was a 500. The ML was white with tan interior, she loved it! But the dealer was asking something like 42K at the time.

Fast forward to last month, her car is coming up on the timing belt service, the AC system stopped working last summer (freon leak) and it was ripe for $3K of maintenance in the next year or so (87K miles). I can fix pretty much anything on an Audi, have the tools to hook up my PC to it, etc., but it was time for a new car.

Started looking at them, figured out they were really nice, but we wanted a white or silver one. Being that I bought a black car a few years back, I will never get another one again. So much maintenance to keep it clean. Found one local (Chicago area) from a really nice internet dealer who had it listed on ebay. He's a one man show, he had a few very minor dents removed by paintless dent removal process, it was detailed to perfection and we picked it up a few weeks ago.

07 ML350, 39K miles, one owner (lease), $25.4K.....I think we got a great deal!

I bought some winter mats for it....too bad they were not a perfect fit, they are the Weathertech mats, but it appears it's for a 05 and older ML, they said it was OEM fit for 06, I should of known.

Bought the bluetooth puck with the new software (OEM number is B 6-7-87-5878) from a guy in Canada off ebay, it's on it's way, it's new and it was $200.

Got a set of aftermarket HID's that I will be replacing the H7 bulbs with, no, it won't have self leveling system, but it will have HID's.

Got a front license plate holder from a guy off ebay....just screw it into the bumper!!

And I need a spare key, the seller had two keys, but when we picked up the car a week later, he only could find one, I called the stealer and they said it's about $200 and couldn't even tell me if the dealer had to program it.....that is just stupid that they don't know. I'd have to call service for that. Please.

I'm an owner of an 01 S8 with a lot of electronic mods....and own and write www.audipages.com, too bad there isn't a site like that for ML350's! Here's my car:

Last edited by Paul S8 ML350; 03-02-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:21 PM

ML
Congrats me personally would never purchase a lease veichle
Old 03-08-2009, 06:39 PM

2007 ML 500
congrats on the new car.

just buy a used smart key off ebay and take it in for service telling them the spare key won't work. they will just reprogram it under warranty. i picked one up from ebay for 20.

front plate you could have gotten free from any dealer.