M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 12:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML350 Bluetech
Extended Warranty

I didn't know what forum this belonged in, so here it is. Has anyone here purchased the extended warranty for their ML? Is it something that is a fixed price or can individual dealers have different prices for this? Generally I think these products are a terrible deal, but my 07 ML320CDI will have 50K miles on it by the time it's 2 1/2 years old and I'm not quite ready to give it up yet. I think I'll keep it a few more years barring any issues. Any thoughts?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML320CDI 2008 all options inc air suspension
You will no doubt get many opinions on this topic. Let me throw in my 2 cents. I have purchased several extended warranties over the years and only purchase them with bumper to bumper no deductable from whichever vehivle manufacturer I am using. If you are putting on lots of miles then things wear out and break.Also it is a good selling point when a prospective buyer knows his *** is covered buying a used vehicle. Having said that, watch the other side chime in to make the point not to do it. My only advice is only go with MB warranty and stay away from the aftermarket if you decide to do it.Also as your mileage gets close to the upper limit MB may decline you extended warranty coverage unless it has been meticulously maintained at a dealer, just one more thing to consider. I should qualify this by saying that over the course of perhaps 15 yrs my extended warranties have paid for themselves a few times over but may not be the case for you as it depends on the amount and type of miles driven and sometimes just plain bad luck etc.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 ML550
I bought the extended warranty with my new vehicle. Like everything else, it has a list price but the dealer is free to sell for less. If I were smart I would probably have waited to see how reliable the vehicle is before popping for the warranty, but this way I figure I can relax for six years, seven for the powertrain. I plan to keep it that long.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 GLE63S AMG, 2018 GLE43 AMG, 2014 E63 AMG S-Model 4Matic Wagon (sold)
Exclamation Be Careful of Aftermarket Warranties

I was presented one once. Don't remember the exact number of total years and miles it covered, but it was going to cost $2500. After spending a few minutes reading the fine print on the reverse side, I saw a paragraph that limited the lifetime payout of the policy to only $5000!
Old 05-28-2009, 05:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350
Contact "Lisa" for cheap Mercedes-Benz Extended Warranty!

Originally Posted by NickIndy
I didn't know what forum this belonged in, so here it is. Has anyone here purchased the extended warranty for their ML? Is it something that is a fixed price or can individual dealers have different prices for this? Generally I think these products are a terrible deal, but my 07 ML320CDI will have 50K miles on it by the time it's 2 1/2 years old and I'm not quite ready to give it up yet. I think I'll keep it a few more years barring any issues. Any thoughts?

I don't have an ML yet, but I am considering to purchase one within the next 2 years. As with ALL my Mercedes, I'd recommend purchasing extended warranty (especially genuine MB ELW's). To help others purchase cheap MB ELW's, I recommend contacting "Lisa" (whom I found to quote the cheapest MB ELW rates in CA). There are 2 ways to directly contact her:

1) DIRECT LINE: (530) 230-3154. The best times to reach "Lisa" are in the evenings, 5pm-8pm PST. She also has Tuesday's off (as well as one weekend each month), so if she's not there, then call back another day. If she's busy, then call back in a few minutes. DO NOT LEAVE HER VOICEMAILS!!! She receives too many voicemails, and cannot respond to all of them! The best thing to do is to be patient, and call back in a few minutes... or use Option #2 below....

2) E-MAIL: lisal@donotspam.chicocourtesy.com <== REMOVE "donotspam." FROM THE ADDRESS! If you cannot get a hold of her using the telephone, or don't have the time or patience to call, then you can also reach her using e-mail. If you are e-mailing her, please include the following information about your Mercedes-Benz vehicle:

MB ELW YOU'RE INTERESTED IN (ie: 7yr/75K, 7yr/100K, etc)

CAR YEAR
CAR MAKE/MODEL
VIN#
# OF MILES

YOUR FULL NAME
ADDRESS
TELEPHONE NUMBER
(so she can call you back)

She will respond to her e-mails as soon as she can.

NOTES:

A)
All genuine Mercedes-Benz ELW's have NO DEDUCTABLE! If you're being quoted a deductable, then it's NOT a genuine MB ELW!

B) All Mercedes-Benz vehicles are eligible to purchase genuine MB ELW's if they are still under Factory Warranty! (Many dealers will tell differently, but they are lying!)

C) If your Mercedes-Benz is still within 30-days of purchase, you can purchase/add-on a genuine MB ELW with no penalty. If your Mercedes-Benz is NOT within 30-days of purchase (but still under Factory Warranty), you still can purchase a genuine MB ELW for your vehicle, but there will be a surcharge (~15% I think, but I don't know how they calculate it... ask Lisa).

D) If your Mercedes-Benz is NOT under Factory Warranty anymore, but you would still like to purchase an Extended Warranty for your vehicle, then Lisa also offers multiple 3rd-Party Warranties (just like other MB dealers as well). She probably can give you a competitive rate on these as well (doesn't hurt to ask!).

E) You can purchase your Mercedes-Benz Extended Warranty from ANY MB Dealership in the country (NOT only the dealer where you purchased your vehicle from). Many dealers will tell differently, but they are lying!

F) If you sell or "total" your vehicle before your Factory Warranty is up, then you can ask MB for a 100% refund of your MB Extended Warranty purchase price. If your Factory Warranty is up, and you sell or "total" your vehicle before your entire MB Extended Warranty is up, then you can ask MB to refund you a prorated amount (for the unused portion of your MB Extended Warranty). (NOTE: This option only applies to 100% genuine Mercedes-Benz Extended Warranties... NOT necessarily to any 3rd party warranties sold through MB Dealerships! Make sure you get the GENUINE MB ELW if you want this option!)