M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Just got my '09 ML350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 ML350, 1998 C230
Just got my '09 ML350

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, but not new to MB. I've been driving a 1998 C230 for almost 8 years now (bought it used) and I've recently added a slightly used '09 ML350.

I'm still waiting for the books to arrive from the dealer, so I was hoping someone could give me a hand with the new GPS system in this car.
Specifically, how can I get it to stop thinking I live in NY? All the points of interest I search for (by name) come up in the general area that the original buyer lived in...please tell me this isn't a "You need a new DVD" problem or worse...I need to take it to a dealer to have them "flash" the hard drive with my state's POI ? That would be sad.

I will say, I love this car so far. (1 week driving it) That said, the interface on the GPS definitely needs some adjustments. I'm sure MB never upgrades software on these things, which is a shame because a few small tweaks to this interface and it would actually be really useful.

Thanks for any help
Per
Old 07-09-2009, 09:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML350 Bluetec,2012 C300 4matic sport
I agree that the GPS needs tweeking. I had an 06 ML350 and am now leasing am 09. I have had the car 3 months and love it. There is a way to erase all of the stored POI's. It thinks you live in NY because the previous owner's home address may have been NY. Under the settings option, I believe you can rest everything an wipe out all of the previous settings. One thing you may want to have the dealer look at the lower radiator hose. I was on vacation last week in South Carolina and the hose sprung a leak. Had to be towed to the MB dealer. The hose had to be overnighted from MB in Orlando because the dealer doe snot stock this hose. They showed me that the way the hose was installed at the factory, it was kinked and created a weak spot.

MB paid for a retal car and our vacation was not ruined, but needless to say I was not happy that my new MB failed me especially on vacation and 800 miles from home.