M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Quick Headlights Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 08:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2023 E63S Sedan
Exclamation Quick Headlights Question

Just got in touch with the service advisor and asked if Philips CrystalVision Ultras would be suitable for the car and if it would void the warranty. He said it would void part of the warranty if it caused electrical issues, and he said to prevent that from happening, the voltage and amperage on the CVs should be the same as the stock halogens. Otherwise, he said, it'd be fine to change them out. My question is, are the CVs the same voltage and amperage as the stock halogens, and will they work on our car without any issues? And where can I order them?

Thanks,
BenzGuy

Last edited by Benz_Guy; 10-03-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:30 AM

2023 E63S Sedan
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Benz_Guy
Just got in touch with the service advisor and asked if Philips CrystalVision Ultras would be suitable for the car and if it would void the warranty. He said it would void part of the warranty if it caused electrical issues, and he said to prevent that from happening, the voltage and amperage on the CVs should be the same as the stock halogens. Otherwise, he said, it'd be fine to change them out. My question is, are the CVs the same voltage and amperage as the stock halogens, and will they work on our car without any issues? And where can I order them?

Thanks,
BenzGuy
BUMP! Sorry this is urgent.

Let me make my previous statement less complicated; Will Philips CrystalVision Ultras work on the '08 W164 and will they last long? Are they compatible with the W164?

Thanks.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Can't answer the compatability issue but I would think that any headlight similar to the OEM light would not give you any noticable improvement in the lighting. If you are that sensative to the headlighting why did you not order or purchase a vehicle with Xenons?? They are great lights and the active light system you get with the package makes lots of difference. Perhaps you should consider a retrofit of the factory Xenons.
Old 10-07-2009, 06:25 PM

2023 E63S Sedan
Thanks for your reply,
But the CrystalVision Ultras are MUCH whiter (almost a 4300K look) and brighter than the stock halogens, albeit not as bright as true HID. Couldn't get a vehicle with xenons as ours wasn't custom-ordered, we just picked one up at the lot. I asked the dealer for factory xenon retrofits and was quoted at $3000, as opposed to $35 for a set of CrystalVisions.

In fact I'm looking at more than just Philips; Luminics, Philips, and Silvania Silverstars are just a few of my options. Can anyone help me get the best deal on the whitest and brightest H7 halogen replacement that will last long without any issues?

Last edited by Benz_Guy; 10-07-2009 at 06:59 PM.