M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Phone and/or Bluetooth Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 ML350 4Matic
Phone and/or Bluetooth Issue

Ok, let's see what anyone can do with this one.

I have a 2008 ML350, and I've purchased the Bluetooth "Puck" as they call it so that I can use my cell phone hands free while driving. Well, everything was working great up until a couple of days ago when I got in my car, started it up and noticed that my cell phone didn't automatically connect to my cars head unit as it had previously without question. I didn't think much of because the next time I started it up, the phone logged on and displayed my contacts as before.

Now when I start it up all I get is "Telephone being activated, please wait" screen before it reads "Phone Off". The Bluetooth puck is still plugged in properly and blinking the familiar blue light so I know it's getting power. I've pulled it out, plugged it back in, hit the phone button on the dash, but still goes through the "Telephone being activated, please wait" ritual and finally ends up telling me "Phone off". What the $%#&?!

I've been through the COMAND Operator's Manual but can't figure out how to turn the phone on! I mean it's off, so how are you suppose to convince the COMAND system that it's on? Sounds stupid I know, and I'm somewhat embarrassed mentioning it but this is what this place is for. I just can't believe I'm getting to old to figure this out...I'm only 42!

Anyone have any ideas of what the heck is going on? Oh, the one thing the manual does says is to "Please contact an authorized Mercedes-Benz Center". But c'mon, take it to the stealership for this? Like I said previously, what the $%#&?!
Old 06-26-2010, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 ML350 4Matic
Good evening everyone, I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every person who provide my girlfriend and I with the interesting and incredibly insightful suggestions! The responses to our query were so numerous, that she and I would sit down each night and decide which suggestion to actually try, and which we thought were just too, well, controversial.

With so many suggestions, we thought it appropriate to let her, my lovely girlfriend, be the first to solve this conundrum that we found ourselves in before letting the masses do something that we may have been able to ourselves.

She sat beside me in the car wondering what it was that she was going to do, then the thought hit her like last years tax bill...."What if I just tell it work. You know, send it my positive vibe. We haven't anything to lose, right?" An apprehensive "Right" was all I could muster in response.

She raised her hand, pointed her slender finger directly at the head unit as if getting ready to scold some unruly child, put on her best "I'm tough face" and sternly told the phone to "F&%$ing work!".

We sat there for a second letting this all sink in, then I turned the key.

It worked.

And it's worked since.