M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Klemann KD-Box vs. Brabus ECO PowerXtra: first impression

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 ML320 CDI
Klemann KD-Box vs. Brabus ECO PowerXtra: first impression

Just installed the Brabus ECO PowerXtra for the ML320 CDI, and ran 200km of highway with it.
Compared to the Kleemann KD-Box I uninstalled, I have to say there is not a significant perceptable difference in terms of horsepower or torque.
Both boxes gives good power from start, but esp. noticeable improvement in mid range, from say 20-80km/h.
Fuel consumption: First off, I have to say, neither of the 2 boxes makes fuel consumption any worse than stock. On the contrary, there is a slight improvement on fuel consumption with both. I would say that for the KD-Box, fuel consumption is improved by 5-10%, having used it for some 3-4 months. Of course, it is impossible for me to conclude the fuel consumption benefits with the Brabus chip, but if 200km of highway would give any idea, I would say it is about the same.

Will report more in time.

Now that I have 2 boxes, I am looking at ridding of one. Any interested parties please send me a message.