M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

WINDOWS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 05:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 350 ML
WINDOWS

I BOUGHT A CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED AT THE END OF THE YEAR. THE WEATHER WAS OVERCAST FOR SEVERAL DAYS AND WHEN THE SUN FINALLY COMES OUT I SEE SCRATCHES ON THE FRONT AND BACK WINDOWS LIKE SOMEONE HAS USED SANDPAPER FOR WIPERS. HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS IN A CAR BEFORE?
Old 02-05-2011, 07:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'11 ML350
By "front and back windows" I assume you mean the windshield and rear window since your mention wipers. Maybe the previous owner did run the wipers with a build up of winter time sand or just serious off road muck??

Once I used what I thought was a non-scratch scotch pad to remove post trip bugs. Turned out the pad was one of the real tough ones. The results weren't horrible, but did leave scratches on the headlights and windshield.
Old 02-05-2011, 07:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML320CDI 2008 all options inc air suspension
Originally Posted by MOTHERRICK
I BOUGHT A CERTIFIED PRE-OWNED AT THE END OF THE YEAR. THE WEATHER WAS OVERCAST FOR SEVERAL DAYS AND WHEN THE SUN FINALLY COMES OUT I SEE SCRATCHES ON THE FRONT AND BACK WINDOWS LIKE SOMEONE HAS USED SANDPAPER FOR WIPERS. HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS IN A CAR BEFORE?
Those can be polished out, but its best left to a good glass shop as they have the special compounds and buffers to do it right.Stop by one and get an estimate and then talk to your dealer and see if they will pick up part of it.I have restored several old cars and had great results doing it on old original glass. They can even get out minor pitting