M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

DDM Tuning disappointment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 ML350
DDM Tuning disappointment

Not sure if anyone if planning on ordering HID lights from DDM Tuning, but I thought I would let you all in on my experience so far. I ordered the lights, both headlight and fog lights, in January of this year. Installation was smooth and the lights worked perfectly for the first 3 weeks. After that the right headlight would occasionally give a "bulb out" warning even though the error cancellers had been installed. About 2 weeks later the headlight would actually fail to come on intermittently and after some testing I determined that it was a bad ballast. I contacted DDM and they were happy to replace the ballast, I simply had to mail it back to them.
Well, they've had the ballast for 1 week now and yesterday I received an email stating that there was a shortage of ballasts and that those new orders that specified priority shipment would be sent out in 2-3 days, while all others will be sent out in 2-4 weeks. When I called customer service this morning I was told that I would not receive mine for 2-4 weeks, even though I paid to have my original order priority shipped. It's poor customer service like this that will make me shop elsewhere in the future.
Hope you all have a better experience if you choose to go with DDM Tuning.

Kevin