M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Recently Purchased 2010 ML350 and Have Some Issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'10 ML350
Recently Purchased 2010 ML350 and Have Some Issues

I recently purchased a 2010 ML350 a couple of weeks ago and have some issues.

1. I'm trying to retain the memory of the seat adjustments in the smartkey but it's not working. I would think that when I open the door with the smartkey and start the ignition, the seat would adjust but it doesn't.

2. The easy and exit feature has been turned on and it's not working. I heard the feature should adjust the steering wheel and push the seat back. Both doesn't happen. I even reset the settings and still the same. Not working.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
Originally Posted by jamest26
I recently purchased a 2010 ML350 a couple of weeks ago and have some issues.

1. I'm trying to retain the memory of the seat adjustments in the smartkey but it's not working. I would think that when I open the door with the smartkey and start the ignition, the seat would adjust but it doesn't.

2. The easy and exit feature has been turned on and it's not working. I heard the feature should adjust the steering wheel and push the seat back. Both doesn't happen. I even reset the settings and still the same. Not working.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
No the smart key seat position is not in this vehicle nor is the easy exit seat movement. Had it in my 2006 ML500 but it was decontented in later ML's. Shame as I really liked it. Miss it in my 2010 ML550.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:55 PM

'10 ML350
Thank for the response Sosh. I didn't realize that at all. If I understand you correctly, the memory seat function will allow me to set the seats but when I use the smartkey remote to unlock the car, the seats will not move from one person's setting to another. I'd have to manually push the 1, 2, 3 button.

So what does the easy entry/exit feature do? I have it on but it doesn't do anything. Nothing moves. Is the steering wheel suppose to move up?
Old 09-06-2011, 06:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'11 ML350
...So what does the easy entry/exit feature do? I have it on but it doesn't do anything. Nothing moves. Is the steering wheel suppose to move up?
exactly, the steering wheel moves UP when the ignition is off and door is opened. Then returns to it's set position when the car is restarted. If you're not seeing any movement it may be because you already have the steering wheel set up to it's maximum up position.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thank for the response Sosh. I didn't realize that at all. If I understand you correctly, the memory seat function will allow me to set the seats but when I use the smartkey remote to unlock the car, the seats will not move from one person's setting to another. I'd have to manually push the 1, 2, 3 button.

So what does the easy entry/exit feature do? I have it on but it doesn't do anything. Nothing moves. Is the steering wheel suppose to move up?
Yes you must push and hold one of the seat memory buttons until the seat moves to the position where the button was set.
The steering wheel should move fully up when the vehicle is shut off. If its not and the feature is turned on then the wheel is most likely already in the uppermost position. Good luck with your ML I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, this is my 4th ML!
Old 09-06-2011, 11:30 PM

'10 ML350
Thank you both for your help. I had a chance to try the settings out a bit more tonight. Yes, the steering wheel was in the upright position. When I made it lower, it did move up when i remove the key.

I understand the memory seat now too but wished it was different. Even my 2004 MDX adjusts the seat according to which remote I used. I guess I'd have to get used to pressing the number button every time I switch with my wife. I wished the remote would have done all the work.

I still haven't adjusted the right mirror yet. Would that be based on which smartkey is used or one setting for both?
Old 09-07-2011, 10:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'09 ML550
I don't mind having to press the button for the seats to adjust to my setting, because that way it doesn't matter who uses which key fob. But I do resent having to hold the button in. On my X5 you only had to touch the button and it performed all the adjustments in full.

The steering wheel and both outside mirrors should adjust with the seat settings.

Trending Topics

Old 09-07-2011, 11:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'11 ML350
Originally Posted by roadrutz
...But I do resent having to hold the button in...
I completely agree. I can't figure out what the reasoning behind this "feature". Makes no sense to me at all.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by roadrutz
I don't mind having to press the button for the seats to adjust to my setting, because that way it doesn't matter who uses which key fob. But I do resent having to hold the button in. On my X5 you only had to touch the button and it performed all the adjustments in full.

The steering wheel and both outside mirrors should adjust with the seat settings.
Personally I liked the key deal. Had it in an 05 E Class and it was a great convienience. Also liked the easy exit with the seat moving back. Was much easier to get in and out. Had that in my 06 ML500. As far as holding the button, yes its a bit of a pain but not as bad as the removal of the other items I have mentioned.
Old 09-07-2011, 11:25 AM

'10 ML350
I agree. My MDX also adjusts the seat once the button is pressed. Don't need to hold it as well. I'm curious whether only the ML class stopped having the easy entry/exit feature with automatic seat adjustment. Sosh mentioned that he had it in his 06 ML. I wished the feature would be available for users who wish to use it, bascially on/off function.