M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

bad day at the dealership...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 02:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 S550
bad day at the dealership...

Took the wife's ML500 in this morning and find out that the rear hatch motor that pulls the door to and the front drivers air bag needs replacement.. It's an expensive day....
Old 09-29-2012, 12:47 AM

Mercedes product
On my ML, I found that the powered liftgate started to make strange noises after the car was at a MB dealership. Took it to another, and the pump somehow had gotten damaged and there was hydraulic fluid leaking all over the place. took 2 days shop time to correct that problem. Glad it was under warrantly.

MB rep just "happened" to show show up the day I took it to another dealer. I cannot see owning one of these cars out of warranty.
Old 09-29-2012, 11:13 AM

2008 S550
Originally Posted by Grau E350
On my ML, I found that the powered liftgate started to make strange noises after the car was at a MB dealership. Took it to another, and the pump somehow had gotten damaged and there was hydraulic fluid leaking all over the place. took 2 days shop time to correct that problem. Glad it was under warrantly.

MB rep just "happened" to show show up the day I took it to another dealer. I cannot see owning one of these cars out of warranty.
I bought mine from a Lexus dealership that was a trade in. It was a 2008 with 60,000 miles. I puled the maintenance records and all looked good, but did not have an active warranty on it. I should have bought a 3rd party warranty, but did not have the cash at the time.

In the first 2 months of my ownership,
1..Brakes needed preplacing (no big deal)
2..Power Steering reservoir started leaking real bad ($300 fix)

next 3 months.
1..drivers side air bag started leaking ($2K fix)
2..rear hatch motor broke ($1K fix)

while in, I am told that the rear main seal is starting to seep, but not an immediate issue.. that will be a $1,900 fix.

I have only had the car for 5 months now and maintenance records shows regular maintenance and no major issues. I am thinking I need to sell this one and get another with a maintenance contract. I am just a little of 60,000 miles and wife does not drive it that much (only to pick up the kids or groceries)..

This is very troubling..