M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Carpet Soaked Under All-Weather Mats & Weathertech

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 11:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML
Carpet Soaked Under All-Weather Mats & Weathertech

Its snowing where I am located and pulled out my Mercedes floor liners (made by Weathertech) off to vacuum the carpet, and notice the carpet is soaked with water. Pulled the liners off and pooed water on them and notice they leak in the locking joints (circle tabs).

Went into my dealer and got a new set (under warranty), and same issue carpet soaked. So I went back today and they said they will order another replacement.

While I am waiting for my new liners I put back my Mercedes All-Season Mats few days ago, and pulled those off today to see how the carpet was and its soaked as well.

Anyone experience this or know the problem? Is it the plastic locking pieces in the vehicle?

**The liners and all-season mats are used with nothing underneath and are locked in**
Old 12-28-2012, 11:48 PM

2014 ML350,2012 ML350, 2010 ML350
ML Carpet wet

I have had ML's since 1998 (new every two) and each one has wet carpet in the winter with the snow and winter mats. I keep it sucked out with a vacumn and removal of the mat to let it dry in the garage. I also identified the hold down holes as the problem.
Old 12-29-2012, 12:02 AM

ML
Originally Posted by golfmsu
I have had ML's since 1998 (new every two) and each one has wet carpet in the winter with the snow and winter mats. I keep it sucked out with a vacumn and removal of the mat to let it dry in the garage. I also identified the hold down holes as the problem.
Thats sucks who has the time to vacuum their carpet once a week to remove the water and smell. Why do they sell such a garbage product and have it lock in so poorly. I have a Pontiac vehicle with Whethertech mats and no issues, but they lock in like a hook instead of a push tab.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 ML350 Bluetec,2012 C300 4matic sport
I just replaced a very old set of all season floor mats with a set of wether tech mats. Never experienced your issue with the old mats and although we are currently buried in snow, live in Upstate NY, will keep an eye on this. When I remove the mats for cleaning the snaps that lock the mats in place are extremely tight fitting. I ordered these directly from weather tech and they are the digital fit liners.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:39 AM

ML
Originally Posted by MAmendola
I just replaced a very old set of all season floor mats with a set of wether tech mats. Never experienced your issue with the old mats and although we are currently buried in snow, live in Upstate NY, will keep an eye on this. When I remove the mats for cleaning the snaps that lock the mats in place are extremely tight fitting. I ordered these directly from weather tech and they are the digital fit liners.
Mine do not require much effort to remove. Maybe the problem is the actual plastic tabs in the vehicle?
Old 03-07-2013, 07:42 PM

2006 ML350
wet floor

This is my first winter with my ML, I specifically bought the expensive weathertec mats to keep the carpet clean/dry and the floor is very wet on the drivers side. I am very meticulous about kicking off the snow before bringing my feet in the car. The moisture has to be coming from somewhere else...just not sure where? I've had 2 other luxury SUVs-never had this problem.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:41 AM

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
2000 ML320, 2005 E320 CDI
The w163 I own has a broken drain tube in the dash area and does this during rain or snow. You would need to remove the dash to repair. It's costly.

This is a w164...so the issue might be different - but I doubt it.