M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

2011 ML350 4matic, rear seat heating always blow cold air

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 07:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 ML350
2011 ML350 4matic, rear seat heating always blow cold air

See below, I posted in wrong place, not post here to provide informaiton ofr owners who may have similar problems.

Originally Posted by ht800
Hi, I am new on this forum. I bought new 2011 ML350 4Matic 2 years ago, we did not use the rear site heating until a few weeks ago, and kids complaining the cold air is blowing to their face. The air is blowing from vent of the armrest section between front seats, we tried to use auto heating or manual heating (max fan, auto off, A/C off). but it keeps blowing cold air even after long time. We sent to dealer as it is still within warranty period, they told me it is step motor problem, and order the new step motor, installed the new one. I was happy it got resolved, however when I drove it home, and try again, it behaves same as before. It only blows cold air no matter how you change the two zone temperature control. I am really frustrated, and plan to take it back to dealer for checking tomorrow.

Does any one has the same issue?

Thanks,
Ht
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM

2011 ML350
I took the ml350 to the dealer, they could not figure what could be wrong after 3 or 4 technicians look into this. They conclude the issue mus be the front panel controller, so they are going to order a new front panel - the whole piece and replace it. For my car, the floor vents under the two front seat could not blow the hot air, it only blow the cold air. It is not easy for people to notice it unless you really pay attention.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:06 PM

2011 ML350
I went to check my friend's R320, and the middle vent console does blow the hot air. So sound s like your is not functioning.
While I was at dealership, one of the technician(very nice) tested several other similar cars with same model, and concluded that it does not blow hot air from the vent. However mine went to extremely, it blows the cold air instead, and under the two front seats, it suppose to blow hot air from there, bu they blow cold air as well. So they are going to order the whole front panel and replace it. I am little bit worry with that, when they replace the whole unit, hopefully it does not break other things, e.g. my ML350 is pre-wired for entertainment, I can watch the DVD movie in front navigation panel.... hope they are not broken after replacement.