M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Anybody else iPhone 4S bluetooth not work with COMAND?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 ML350 and '00 BMW 540i
Thumbs down Anybody else iPhone 4S bluetooth not work with COMAND?

My COMAND can see my iphone but my iphone 4S cannot see any devices. It just stays in "Now Discoverable" mode. So, consequently, I do not get any passcode on my phone to input into the COMAND system.

Am I going to have to upgrade to iPhone 5?
Old 06-01-2013, 01:21 PM

Received 56 Likes on 47 Posts
2021 GLS580 | 2011 ML350 BlueTec | 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP
There are a couple different ways to pair your bluetooth devices. One is to have the phone search for the car. Go through the phone menu in command and select External Authorization. Then run a search with the phone. Select the car on your phone and then the car should prompt you to select a pin. Enter the pin on the car and then the phone should prompt for the same pin.

You can also try the other way around. Put the phone in discoverable mode and select update from the command's telephone menu. If it finds your phone, select it and you should get a prompt on the phone to make up a PIN. Enter the same PIN in the car and you should be good.

I've had to use both methods depending on the desires of the car and the phones I was using at the time. Bluetooth is one of those things that should be simple but turns out to be a random act of success sometimes.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 ML350 and '00 BMW 540i
Originally Posted by jkaetz
There are a couple different ways to pair your bluetooth devices. One is to have the phone search for the car. Go through the phone menu in command and select External Authorization. Then run a search with the phone. Select the car on your phone and then the car should prompt you to select a pin. Enter the pin on the car and then the phone should prompt for the same pin.

You can also try the other way around. Put the phone in discoverable mode and select update from the command's telephone menu. If it finds your phone, select it and you should get a prompt on the phone to make up a PIN. Enter the same PIN in the car and you should be good.

I've had to use both methods depending on the desires of the car and the phones I was using at the time. Bluetooth is one of those things that should be simple but turns out to be a random act of success sometimes.
Thanks! Earlier today my buddy and I figured it out that you have to make up a code vs the pass codes generated for you like other vehicles. This is why I couldn't figure out why Bluetooth was not working.
Now it works but realized I can't play my music while in Bluetooth. Had to make a trip to the dealer for the special cable that connects in the glove-box and to the phone. Cost me $118 for it....yikes. Now all is good, I have music and I have contacts through Bluetooth to make calls....although the voice command in this vehicle sucks hairy *****.