M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

2007 ML500 problems help needed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes ml500
2007 ML500 problems help needed

Hi I am new to this forum but any help would be much appreciated
My car would not start this morning it just went tick tick as if the battery was dead and here is a list of the following problems I have encountered

* Right rear reverse light is stuck on (aftermarket led lights)
* Left rear park light also stuck on (aftermarket led lights)
* Tail gate will not open
* Reverse camera not operating
* Wipers not working
* Indicators not working
* Doors not locking

I replaced the main battery under the seat and the problems are still there I also have a warning on (SRS RESTRAINT SYSTEM MALFUNCTION)
A mate and I did a code scan and we are unable to clear the SRS code
we also had a code come up during scan UNDERVOLTAGE AT TERMINAL 15R which we also can not remove can anybody please tell me what may be the problem , I have been told it could be the SAM MODULE but I believe there is a front and rear is there a way to check if it is a SAM MODULE or what else may have caused these problems
Old 06-11-2013, 09:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes ml500
So far no one has replied with any ideas
I have come to the conclusion that it may be the rear sam module as I have seen in other threads that the ML are prone to water leaking through the right rear tail light onto the sam module so I check it yesterday and the module does not seem to be wet though underneath it is damp so my plan is to remove it and possibly dry it with a hair drier does anyone know if this will help and is there anything I should know before unplugging and removing the module and when I put it back do I need to do anything else before starting the car