M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

Need advice on 2011 ML350 for Purchase

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2013 | 06:40 PM

2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor
Need advice on 2011 ML350 for Purchase

Good afternoon, this is my first post and was wanting to see if I can get a bit of help from this community which seems very knowledgeable on this matter.

I'm moving up from a 2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor and really like the ML350. Purchasing new is out of my budget so I've been eyeing 2010-2011 models.

I have contacted a private seller whose ML350 was purchased CPO. The Vin number is 4JGBB8GB6BA692198. It comes with P2 package and has less than 20k miles. Asking $36k.

My main concern is an accelerator pedal being replaced in Dec. 2011 at 7700 miles. I'm currently requesting the VMI from the seller.

Is this a good price? Any concerns or things I should look out for?

Thank you!
Old 10-06-2013 | 09:58 AM

'11 ML350
Originally Posted by cammia1
Good afternoon, this is my first post and was wanting to see if I can get a bit of help from this community which seems very knowledgeable on this matter.

I'm moving up from a 2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor and really like the ML350. Purchasing new is out of my budget so I've been eyeing 2010-2011 models.

I have contacted a private seller whose ML350 was purchased CPO. The Vin number is 4JGBB8GB6BA692198. It comes with P2 package and has less than 20k miles. Asking $36k.

My main concern is an accelerator pedal being replaced in Dec. 2011 at 7700 miles. I'm currently requesting the VMI from the seller.

Is this a good price? Any concerns or things I should look out for?

Thank you!
so you would be the 3rd owner, correct? CPO or not this would give me some pause. Seems to be frequent turn over for a vehicle that normally is kept for a few years.

Price - research shows this seems to be right at the book CPO price, certainly nothing special.

VIN shows 12 records - seems high, but change of ownership adds up. Could be nothing at all. Naturally I didn't pay to look at details - that's up to you.

Concerns - I have an '11 and have had no problems. I don't know of any chronic issues, but a few others on this board have ended up with fricken' nightmares - as I recall, electrical and squeeks/rattles that the dealer was not able to correct.
Old 10-06-2013 | 03:17 PM

2009 ML320 Bluetec
Originally Posted by eeferber
Price - research shows this seems to be right at the book CPO price, certainly nothing special.
But wait, he's getting a previously-CPO vehicle, not a current-CPO. And from a private party it doesn't have the same backing or reputation.

A good measure would be to contact a dealer and verify the vehicle qualifies for genuine M-B extended warranty. If it does then that is good news. If it doesn't then there is more risk and its not worth as much.
Old 10-06-2013 | 03:44 PM

'11 ML350
Originally Posted by N4HHE
But wait, he's getting a previously-CPO vehicle, not a current-CPO...
oh oh, my error.
Old 10-06-2013 | 04:39 PM

2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor
Originally Posted by N4HHE
But wait, he's getting a previously-CPO vehicle, not a current-CPO. And from a private party it doesn't have the same backing or reputation.

A good measure would be to contact a dealer and verify the vehicle qualifies for genuine M-B extended warranty. If it does then that is good news. If it doesn't then there is more risk and its not worth as much.
AFAIK, from reading thru the forum, the CPO on the car would not end as it is being sold privately. On the CPO brochure it mentions this.
Old 10-06-2013 | 04:41 PM

2007 Mitsubishi Endeavor
Originally Posted by eeferber
so you would be the 3rd owner, correct? CPO or not this would give me some pause. Seems to be frequent turn over for a vehicle that normally is kept for a few years.

VIN shows 12 records - seems high, but change of ownership adds up. Could be nothing at all. Naturally I didn't pay to look at details - that's up to you.

Concerns - I have an '11 and have had no problems. I don't know of any chronic issues, but a few others on this board have ended up with fricken' nightmares - as I recall, electrical and squeeks/rattles that the dealer was not able to correct.
Thank you for your response and yes too many turnovers here.

I have opted for a 2012 W166. Found one at a Toyota dealer for $45k and will go in tomorrow to see it. it has less than 14k miles.