M-Class (W164) Produced 2006-2011: ML280CDI, ML320CDI, ML420CDI, ML350, ML500, ML550

2009 ML320 shaky seats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2013 | 11:48 AM

2009 ML 320 Bluetec
2009 ML320 shaky seats

Hi everyone,

I experience vibrations in my front seats around 80 MPH/130 kmh. When I am alone I can see the passenger seat shaking, and I feel the vibration in my back. It's not excessive but irritating anyway in a vehicule made for the Autobahn. At first I thought it was the fault of unbalanced, out-of-round tires/wheels, but the situation arise on 3 differents sets of wheel/tires combo, even of a brand new OEM wheels/Continental Mercedes approved tires combo. So now I think there is a problem somewhere in the vehicule. At the dealership service, one of guy too have a ML and tell me he experience the same thing and says ''... these vehicules have tight suspensions, it is normal, it will be worse in a X5, bla-bla-bla...'' well I don't think people tolerate vibrations in $60k+ vehicules.

I bought the vehicule used and it didn't have these vibrations, and I told them that a a time I hit a pothole hard last year with the front left wheel, but I bought new rims/tires since then and the problem is still there. They didn't found anything wrong with the suspension, ball joints, tie rods, etc. So I'm really wondering what the trouble is.

What is your experience with the W164 : did you encountered this situation?

Thanks!

Denis